A Good Husband
On this page:
"A Good Husband" is a 2009 drama film directed by Isao Yukisada and written by Chihiro Itô. It is based on a novel by Mayumi Nakatani.
- also known as Kondo wa aisaika
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- producers: Tatsuya Kunimatsu & Kazuto Amano
- executive producers: Naoya Kinoshita & Mitsuru Kurosawa
- art direction by Osamu Yamaguchi
- written by Chihiro Ito
- based on a story by Mayumi Nakatani
- casting by Yasuhiro Fukuoka
- cinematography by Jun Fukumoto
- edited by Tsuyoshi Imai
- music by Yôko Kumagai, Hidehiko Urayama
- costume design by Yoshinobu Matsukawa
- genres: Japanese Movies, Drama
- released on (5 years ago)
- Japan Academy Prize for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role nomination for Hiroko Yakushimaru
- Japan Academy Prize for Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role nomination for Renji Ishibashi
- Japan Academy Prize for Outstanding Achievement in Music nomination for Hidehiko Urayama & Yôko Kumagai
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Good Husband
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Wolfgang Mieder, Stewart A. Kingsbury, Kelsie B. Harder
A good husband makes a good wife. Rec. dist.: Miss., N.Y., S.C. 1st cit.: 1492 Salomon and Marcolphus, ed.
Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
Of wife and the houshold the band and the stay; Some husbandly thriveth that never had wife, Yet scarce a good husband in goodness of life. Jd. The Description of Husbandry. Though never so much a good huswife doth care, That such as ...
Dictionary of Proverbs (2017)
by Anup K. Singh
each other—a good husband will have a good wife, a good master will have a good servant, and so on. a good name is better than precious ointment: Your good name should be your most cherished possession. a good tale is not the worse ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
The Lord Treasurer Cranfeild, a good husband of the entratea [revenues] of the Exchequer. Bp. Hacket, Abp. Williams, L 83. 6. A polled tree; a pollard: so called in humorous allusion to the traditional bald head of husbands with energetic ...
Consisting of Beautiful Thoughts, Choice Extracts and Sayings, of the Most Eminent Writers of All Nations, from the Earliest Ages to the Present Time, Together with a Comprehensive Biographical Index of Authors, and an Alphabetical List of Subjects Quoted
A good husband makes a good wife. Farquhar. The husband should rule in all things. Menander. As the husband is, the wife is — if mated with a clown. Tennyson. When a husband treats a woman roughly, it is better to die.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Good Husband
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Good Husband
A Good Husband Shields His Wife
Photo credit: ImNotQuiteJack
Quotes about A Good Husband
And I came away from that experience, and it was a very difficult experience - I came to understand that you have to practice at being a good father and practice at being a good husband, just as you have to practice at being a good journalist. (Bob Schieffer)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Good Husband to see it in context!