A Hatful Of Rain
On this page:
"A Hatful of Rain" is a 1957 dramatic film. The movie was a rarity for its time, in its frank depiction of the effects of morphine addiction. It is a medically and sociologically accurate account of the effects of morphine on an addict and his family.
- also known as Giftiger Schnee
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Fred Zinnemann
- producer: E. Maurice Adler
- art direction by Lyle R. Wheeler & Leland Fuller
- written by Carl Foreman, Lord Alfred Hayes, Michael V. Gazzo & Alfred Hayes
- cinematography by Joseph MacDonald
- edited by Dorothy Spencer
- music by Bernard Herrmann
- set decoration by Walter M. Scott & Stuart A. Reiss
- location: Empire State Building
- genres: Melodrama, Drama
- released on (57 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Academy Award for Best Actor (Role: Polo) nomination for Anthony Franciosa
- Golden Globe Award for Best Director - Motion Picture nomination for Fred Zinnemann
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture – Drama nomination for Anthony Franciosa
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture – Drama (role: Celia Pope) nomination for Eva Marie Saint
- DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film nomination for Fred Zinnemann
- BAFTA Award for Best Foreign Actress nomination for Eva Marie Saint
"A Hatful of Rain" is a play by Michael V. Gazzo.
A Hatful of Rain is a 1955-1956 theater production of the play by Michael V. Gazzo.
- Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play nomination for Ben Gazzara
- Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play nomination for Anthony Franciosa
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Drama Performance nomination for Anthony Franciosa
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Drama Performance, received by Anthony Franciosa
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Hatful Of Rain
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William A. Pencak
Filmed the same year, A Hatful of Rain (1957), directed by Fred Zinneman based on a play by Michael Gazzo, and starring Don Murray, Lloyd ...
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
1957: A Hatful of Rain.
by Thomas S. Hischak
A Hatful of Rain (1957), The Nun's Story (1959), A.
Dictionary of Film Makers (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
A Hatful of Rain (57), The Old Man and the Sea ...
by Neil Butterworth
A Hatful of Rain (1957); Williamsburg; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Hatful Of Rain
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A Hatful Of Rain for some fun with words!