A High Wind In Jamaica
On this page:
"A High Wind in Jamaica" is a 1965 DeLuxe Color film, based on the novel of the same name, and directed by Alexander Mackendrick for the 20th Century-Fox studio. It starred Anthony Quinn and James Coburn as the pirates who capture five children.
- country: United Kingdom
- languages: English Language, Spanish Language
- written by Ronald Harwood, Denis Cannan, Stanley Mann
- based on "A High Wind in Jamaica" by Richard Hughes
- cinematography by Douglas Slocombe
- music by Larry Adler
- genres: Swashbuckler film, Action/Adventure, Action Film, Film adaptation, Adventure Film, Drama
- subject: Piracy
- released on (50 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A High Wind In Jamaica
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Don D'Ammassa
The novels vary from comparatively slow-moving and derivative to A High Wind in Jamaica fast-paced and original.
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Blood Tide; A High Wind In Jamaica; The Kremlin Letter; Sword of the Valiant; The Tenant; Torn Curtain Kee. Gordon K. (act): Twinkle. Twinkle. Killer Kane Keefe. Cornelius (act): Charlie Chan's Greatest Case; Death from a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A High Wind In Jamaica
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A High Wind In Jamaica
A High Wind in Jamaica Cameo
That time Richard Hughes's book was ceremonially buried on Orange is the New Black.
Photo credit: NYRB Classics