A Is for Atom
On this page:
"A Is for Atom" is a 14-minute 1953 promotional animated short documentary film created by John Sutherland and sponsored by General Electric. It is now in the public domain. The short explains what an atom is, how nuclear energy is released from certain kinds of atoms, the peacetime uses of nuclear power, and the by-products of nuclear fission. It is Sutherland's most-decorated film, having won numerous honors at film festivals.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Carl Urbano
- production design by Tony Rivera
- art direction by Lew Keller & Gerald Nevius
- written by True Eames Boardman
- music by Eugene Poddany
- genre: Animation
- released in (62 years ago)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Is for Atom
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Is for Atom to see it in context!