A Lady Surrenders
is an acrostic for als.
On this page:
- "A Lady Surrenders" a.k.a. "Love Story" is a 1944 British romance film directed by Leslie Arliss and starring Margaret Lockwood, Stewart Granger, and Patricia Roc. Based on a short story by J.W. Drawbell, the film is about a concert pianist who, after learning that she is dying of heart failure, decides to spend her last days in Cornwall. While there, she meets a former RAF pilot who is going blind, and soon a romantic attraction forms. Released in the United States as A Lady Surrenders, this wartime melodrama produced by Gainsborough Pictures was filmed on location at the Minack Theatre in Porthcurno in Cornwall, England.
- read more about Love Story
- "A Lady Surrenders" is a 1930 American film starring Genevieve Tobin, Rose Hobart, Conrad Nagel and Basil Rathbone. A man is left by his wife and assuming her to be gone forever, he remarries. Complications ensue when his original wife returns home.
- also known as Blind Wives, En kvinna kapitulerar, Sublime sacrificio
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: John M. Stahl
- producers: Carl Laemmle, Jr.
- written by Gladys Lehman & Arthur Richman
- based on a story by John Erskine
- cinematography by Jackson Rose
- edited by William L. Cahn & Maurice Pivar
- music by Heinz Eric Roemheld
- set decoration by Walter Kessler
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- released on (84 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Lady Surrenders
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Denise Lowe
from Shanghai; A Lady Surrenders; The Stronger Sex 1 93 1 Svengali; Chinatown After Dark; The Mad Genius; The Lion and the Lamb; Pleasure 1932 Nice Woman; ...
by Richard B. Armstrong, Mary Willems Armstrong
Love Story (aka A Lady Surrenders) (1944); A Voice in the Wind (1944); The Seventh ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Lady Surrenders
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A Lady Surrenders for some fun with words!