A Leap in the Dark
On this page:
"A Leap in the Dark" is a 1980 Italian film written and directed by Marco Bellocchio. It stars Michel Piccoli and Anouk Aimée, who won the Best Actor and Best Actress prizes respectively at the 1980 Cannes Film Festival. The film also won the David di Donatello for Best Director and was selected as the Italian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 53rd Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
- also known as Salto nel vuoto , Leap Into the Void
- countries: West Germany, France, Italy
- language: Italian Language
- producers: Silvio Clementelli, Anna Maria Clementelli, Enzo Porcelli
- production design by Andrea Crisanti & Amedeo Fago
- written by Marco Bellocchio, Piero Natoli, Vincenzo Cerami
- based on a story by Marco Bellocchio
- Anouk Aimée as Marta Ponticelli
- Michel Piccoli as Mauro Ponticelli
- Pier Giorgio Bellocchio as Giorgio
- Michele Placido as Giovanni Sciabola
- Gisella Burinato as Anna
- Antonio Piovanelli as Quasimodo
- Anna Orso as Marilena
- Frédérique Alexandre as Marta Ponticelli
- Alessandro Antonucci as Mauro Ponticelli
- Enrico Bergier as Ponticelli's Brother
- cinematography by Giuseppe Lanci
- edited by Brigitte Sousselier & Roberto Perpignani
- music by Nicola Piovani
- costume design by Lia Francesca Morandini
- genre: Drama
- released on (35 years ago)
- "A leap in the dark" is a book by Emma Dorothy Eliza Nevitte Southworth.
- "A leap in the dark" is a book by Barbara Goolden.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Leap in the Dark
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Footprints on the Moon , Beautiful Lake Winnipeg and Transit of Venus by Hunter, Maureen
0 Oxford University Press 2003: A Leap in the Dark is a brilliant] portrait of the American Revolution, one that is compelling in its prose, fascinating in its details, and ...
by John Ayto
a leap in the dark: see LEAP. a shot (or ...
by Elizabeth McLaren Kirkpatrick, C. M. Schwarz
a leap in the dark an action, ...
by Martin H. Manser, Turton, Nigel D. Turton
a leap in the dark an action that has unpredictable consequences. a shot in the dark a guess that is based on little information, and so is unlikely to be ...
Heinemann English Dictionary (2001)
by Martin Manser
Phrases a leap in the dark an action the consequences of which cannot be foreseen. by leaps and bounds making extremely rapid progress. leapfrog noun a game in which one person jumps across another who is bent over. • leapfrog verb ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Leap in the Dark
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Leap in the Dark
A Leap In the Dark
Photo credit: chefranden
Quotes about A Leap in the Dark
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Leap in the Dark to see it in context!