A Letter Home
On this page:
- "A Letter Home" is the thirty-fourth studio album by Canadian musician Neil Young. It was released on April 19, 2014 on Record Store Day by Third Man Records. The entire album, which consists of covers of classic songs by artists Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Gordon Lightfoot and others, was recorded in a refurbished 1947 Voice-o-Graph vinyl recording booth at Jack White's Third Man Records recording studio in Nashville, Tennessee. Of this method, White said, "we were obfuscating beauty on purpose to get to a different place, a different mood." The opening spoken-word track, and other spoken lines throughout the album, were addressed to Edna "Rassy" Young, Neil's mother who died in 1990. A message on Young's website described the album as "an unheard collection of rediscovered songs from the past recorded on ancient electro-mechanical technology captures and unleashes the essence of something that could have been gone forever".
- genre: Folk rock
- released on
- "A Letter Home" is a musical album of Athena Tergis.
"A letter home" is a book by James W. Foley.
- also known as "A letter home; a Western poem"
- "A Letter Home" is a 2012 short drama fantasy film written by Justin Shilton and directed by Markus Walter.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Raphael Swann
- executive producer: Markus Walter
- production design by Dylan Kahn
- written by Justin Shilton & Markus Walter
- casting by Sarah Domeier
- cinematography by Ian Foster
- edited by Mischa Meyer
- music by Peter Hayo
- genres: Drama, Fantasy, Thriller
- released on
- "A Letter Home" is a film, directed by Shazi Davis.
- released in (6 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A Letter Home
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A "Full Course" Encyclopedia by Andrew F. Smith
wrote a letter home in December 1621 that was published the following year in England in a book titled Mourt's Relation. The letter describes the early life at Plimouth 4. Edward Winslow, “Letter ...
The final published Glass “story” – “Hapworth 16, 1924,” a letter home from camp by Seymour, a precocious ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Letter Home
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A Letter Home
Anagrams of A LETTER HOME
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A Letter Home!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Letter Home to see it in context!