A Letter To Three Wives
On this page:
"A Letter to Three Wives" is a 1949 American romantic drama film which tells the story of a woman who mails a letter to three women, telling them she has left town with the husband of one of them. It stars Jeanne Crain, Linda Darnell, Ann Sothern, Kirk Douglas, Paul Douglas in his film debut, Jeffrey Lynn, and Thelma Ritter. An uncredited Celeste Holm provides the voice of Addie Ross, the unseen woman who wrote the eponymous letter.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- producer: Sol C. Siegel
- art direction by Lyle R. Wheeler & J. Russell Spencer
- written by Joseph L. Mankiewicz & Vera Caspary
- based on "Letter to Five Wives" by John Klempner & Vera Caspary
- cinematography by Arthur Charles Miller
- edited by J. Watson Webb, Jr.
- music by Alfred Newman
- costume design by Kay Nelson
- set decoration by Walter M. Scott & Thomas Little
- genres: Mystery, Romance Film, Romantic comedy, Comedy, Drama
- Promise! You won't peek-and-tell... the ending!
- Addie is the "other woman" all the other women will be talking about!
- All of them wondered which of them wandered!
- It's a sheer delightful revelation!
- released on (65 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Academy Award for Best Director nomination for Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Academy Award for Best Picture nomination for Sol C. Siegel & 20th Century Fox
- Academy Award for Best Writing Adapted Screenplay nomination for Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Academy Award for Best Director, received by Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Academy Award for Best Writing Adapted Screenplay, received by Joseph L. Mankiewicz
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Letter To Three Wives
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Mankiewicz (A Letter to Three Wives) Joseph L. Mankiewicz ( All About Eve) George Stevens (A Place in the Sun) John Ford (The Quiet Man) Fred Zinnemann (From Here to Eternity) Elia Kazan (On the Waterfront) Delbert Mann (Marty) George Stevens (Giant) David Lean (The Bridge on the River Kwai) Vincente Minnelli (Gigi) William Wyler (Ben-Hur) Billy Wilder (The Apartment) Robert Wise ...
by Robert Beck
screenwriter, producer, director, won backto-back directing Oscars for A Letter to Three Wives and All About Eve; was likewise nominated for Five Fingers and Sleuth, and for the screenplays of Skippy and The Barefoot Contessa. Other films include The Three Godfathers, A Christmas Carol, The Philadelphia Story, Woman of the Year (producer); The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Dragonwyck, and, with Edward G. Robinson, House of Strangers (director); and Julius Caesar, Guys ...
by Seth Godin, Lark Productions LLC, Seth Godin Productions
Mankiewicz, A Letter to Three Wives Best Song: "Baby, It's Cold Outside," Neptune's Daughter 1948 Best Picture: Hamlet Best Actress: Jane Wyman, Johnny Belinda Best Actor: Laurence Olivier, Hamlet Best Supporting Actor: Walter Huston, Treasure of the Sierra Madre Best Supporting Actress: Claire Trevor, ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
A Letter to Three Wives ( 1949 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Letter To Three Wives
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Letter To Three Wives to see it in context!