A Little Learning
is an acrostic for all.
On this page:
- "A Little Learning": A Little Learning: The First Volume of an Autobiography is Evelyn Waugh's unfinished autobiography. It was published just two years before his death on Easter Sunday, 1966, and covers the period of the his youth and education. The title is a well-known quotation from Pope's An Essay on Criticism, "A little learning is a dang'rous thing".
- also known as "A Little Learning (Twentieth Century Classics)", "A little learning; an autobiography: the early years"; "A little learning; the first volume of an autobiography"
- genres: Autobiography, Biography
- subject: 20th century
- "A Little Learning" is a short story published in 2003 that was written by Matthew Hughes.
- language: English Language
- author: Matt Hughes
- released in (13 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Little Learning
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Alexander Pope
A little learning is a dang'rous thing ; 215 Drink. Commentary. body ; where the same words which express the cause, express likewise -the nature of pride : For as in bodies, thus in fouls we find, What wants in blood and spirits, fwell'd with ...
by George Adolphus Wigney
" And that excellent truism written by Pope—" a little learning is a dangerous thing," — is as applicable to attainments in the ...
Show Me the Proof! (2005)
Tools and Strategies to Make Data Work for You by Stephen H. White
A little learning is a dangerous thing. — ALEXANDER POPE (1688-1744) "ata without analysis is like standards without expectations. Most adults recognize that the most obvious explanation seldom tells the whole story, just as test scores fail ...
Gradus, A-Z by Bernard Marie Dupriez
A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring. Alexander Pope, 'A Little Learning' (heroic couplet) The ...
by Jennifer Speake
A little Learning is a dang'rous Thing, Drink ...
by Tryon Edwards
“A little learning is a dangerous thing,” and yet it is what all must attain before they can arrive at great learning; it is the utmost acquisition of those who know the most in comparison of what they do not know.— Whately. Some will never learn ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
'A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.' One half of the world ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
A little learning is a dang'rous thing ; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring. Pope. 4. Some; not none: in this sense it always stands Milton. - between the article andthe noun.-l leave him to reconcile these contradictions, which may ...
by John T. Watson
Pope A little learning is ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Little Learning
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A Little Learning
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Little Learning to see it in context!