A Little Learning
is an acrostic for all.
On this page:
- "A Little Learning": A Little Learning: The First Volume of an Autobiography is Evelyn Waugh's unfinished autobiography. It was published just two years before his death on Easter Sunday, 1966, and covers the period of the his youth and education. The title is a well-known quotation from Pope's An Essay on Criticism, "A little learning is a dang'rous thing".
- also known as "A Little Learning (Twentieth Century Classics)", "A little learning; an autobiography: the early years"; "A little learning; the first volume of an autobiography"
- genres: Autobiography, Biography
- subject: 20th century
- "A Little Learning" is a short story published in 2003 that was written by Matthew Hughes.
- language: English Language
- author: Matt Hughes
- released in (13 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Little Learning
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J.W. Miller
"A Little Learning is a Dangerous Thing." Points. — Meaning of the saying — No learning in itself dangerous ; only so because half-knowledge in some minds leads to conceit and narrowness — This, however, is not the effect of learning ...
by Alexander Pope
A little learning is a dang'rous thing ; 215 Drink. Commentary. body ; where the same words which express the cause, express likewise -the nature of pride : For as in bodies, thus in fouls we find, What wants in blood and spirits, fwell'd with ...
by J. G. Park
A little learning is a dangerous thing. Sentence, simple, declarative. A little learning . . is the complex subject; learning is the simple subject modified by a and little, two ' simple adjective elements of the first class. is a dangerous thing is the ...
by George Adolphus Wigney
" And that excellent truism written by Pope—" a little learning is a dangerous thing," — is as applicable to attainments in the ...
Gradus, A-Z by Bernard Marie Dupriez
A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring. Alexander Pope, 'A Little Learning' (heroic couplet) The ...
by Tryon Edwards
“A little learning is a dangerous thing,” and yet it is what all must attain before they can arrive at great learning; it is the utmost acquisition of those who know the most in comparison of what they do not know.— Whately. Some will never learn ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
'A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.' One half of the world ...
by Philip Hugh Dalbiac
“A little learning is a dang'rous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring ; There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again .” POPE. Essay on Criticism, II., line 215. “ A little mind often sees the unbelief, ...
by Jennifer Speake
A little Learning is a dang'rous Thing, Drink ...
A Dictionary of Thoughts (1891)
Being a Cyclopedia of Laconic Quotations from the Best Authors, Both Ancient and Modern
"A little learning is a dangerous thing," and yet it is what all must attain before they can arrive at great learning ; it is the utmost acquisition of those who know the most in comparison of what they do not know. — Whately. Some will never learn ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Little Learning
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A Little Learning
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Little Learning to see it in context!