A Little Princess
is an acrostic for alp.
On this page:
- "A Little Princess" is a 1995 drama film directed by Alfonso Cuarón, starring Liesel Matthews, Eleanor Bron, Liam Cunningham, and Vanessa Lee Chester. Set during World War I, it focuses on a young girl who is relegated to a life of servitude in a New York City boarding school by the headmistress after receiving news that her father was killed in combat. Loosely based upon the novel A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, this adaptation was heavily influenced by the 1939 cinematic version and takes creative liberties with the original story.
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, French
- producer: Mark Johnson
- executive producers: Amy Ephron, Barry Levinson, Alan C. Blomquist
- production design by Bo Welch
- art direction by Tom Duffield
- written by Richard LaGravenese & Elizabeth Chandler
- based on "A Little Princess" by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Eleanor Bron as Miss Minchin
- Liesel Pritzker Simmons as Sara Crewe
- Liam Cunningham as Capt. Crewe
- Camilla Belle as Jane
- Heather DeLoach as Ermengarde
- Vanessa Lee Chester as Becky
- Rachael Bella as Betsy
- Arthur Malet as Charles Randolph
- Rusty Schwimmer as Amelia Minchin
- Kelsey Mulrooney as Lottie
- Liam Cunningham as Prince Rama
- Errol Sitahal as Ram Dass
- Taylor Fry as Lavinia
- Darcie Bradford as Jesse
- Alexandra Rea-Baum as Gertrude
- Lauren Blumenfeld as Rosemary
- Kaitlin Cullum as Ruth
- Alison Moir as Princess Sita
- Time Winters as Frances
- Lomax Study as Monsieur Dufarge
- Vincent Schiavelli as Mr. Barrow
- Pushpa Rawal as Maya
- Rahi Azizi as Laki
- Ken Palmer as John Randolph
- Helen Greenberg as Flower lady
- Norman Merrill as Doctor in hospital
- Peggy Miley as Mabel
- Bob Cohen as Ermengarde's father
- Will Blomquist as Rich boy in street
- David Fresco as Beggar man in Fantasy Forest
- Judith Drake as Bakery woman
- Chris Ellis as Policeman
- Jonás Cuarón as Chimney-sweeper
- Juliana Harkavy as Girl in India
- Jack Holland as Infantry Soldier
- London Vale as Schoolgirl
- Sandeep Walia as Indian servant
- casting by Jill Greenberg Sands
- cinematography by Emmanuel Lubezki
- edited by Steven Weisberg
- music by Patrick Doyle
- costume design by Judianna Makovsky
- set decoration by Cheryl A. Carasik
- location: New York City
- genres: Family Drama, Family, Fantasy, Drama
- rating: G (USA)
- released on (19 years ago)
- Academy Award for Best Production Design nomination for Bo Welch & Cheryl A. Carasik
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Production Design nomination for Bo Welch
- Academy Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Emmanuel Lubezki
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Production Design, received by Bo Welch
- A Little Princess is a mini-series based upon the novel, A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It was directed by Carol Wiseman and stars Amelia Shankley as Sara Crewe, Jessica Simpson as Lottie, and Maureen Lipman as Miss Minchin.
- begun in and completed in (26 years ago)
- 6 episodes of 163 minutes each
- countries: United Kingdom, United States of America
- regular cast:
- genre: Drama
- A Little Princess is a BBC television mini-series directed by Derek Martinus, based upon the novel A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This version is noted for being very faithful to the original novel. It ran on the Sunday tea-time slot, where at the time the BBC often ran faithful adaptations of classic novels.
- "A Little Princess": Sarah attends boarding school in London while her father is away on business. During her time there, she is led to believe that her father has been killed and she is left as an orphaned maid forever indebted to the evil headmistress Miss Michen.
- "A Little Princess" is a 1905 children's novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It is an expanded version of Burnett's 1888 short story entitled Sara Crewe: or, What Happened at Miss Minchin's, which was first serialized in St. Nicholas Magazine from 1887 to 1888. According to Burnett, after she composed the 1902 play based on the story, her publisher asked that she expand the story into the novel with "the things and people that had been left out before." The original book, A Little Princess: Being the Whole Story of Sara Crewe Now Being Told for the First Time, was published by Charles Scribner's Sons with illustrations by Ethel Franklin Betts.
- also known as "A Little Princess (Storytime Classics)"; "A Little Princess (Puffin Books)"; "A Little Princess (Apple Classics)"; "A Little Princess (Book and Charm)"; "A Little Princess (Children's Classics)"; "A Little Princess (Scholastic Classics)"; "A Little Princess (Large Print)"; "A Little Princess (Junior Classics)"; "A Little Princess (Puffin Classics)"; "A Little Princess (Ladybird Children's Classics)"; "A Little Princess (Courage Classics)"; "A Little Princess (Oxford Bookworms Library)"; "A Little Princess (Children's Classics) (Children's Classics)"; "A Little Princess (Dodo Press)"; "A Little Princess (Classics for Children of All Ages)"; "A Little Princess (Audiofy Digital Audiobook Chips)"; "A Little Princess (Children's Classics in Audio)"; "A Little Princess (LRS Large Print Heritage)"; "A Little Princess (She Children's Classic)"; "A Little Princess (Large Print Edition)"; "A Little Princess (Big Ben Audio Series/Cassettes/Unabridged)"; "A Little Princess (Classic Books on Cassettes Collection) [UNABRIDGED] (Classic Books on Cassettes Collection)"; "A little princess; being the whole story of Sara Crewe, now told for the first time"; "La petite princesse"; Sara, die kleine Prinzessin
- language: English Language
- Miss Minchin
- Capt. Crewe
- Sara Crewe
- genres: Children's literature, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- subjects: Classics, Family, Schools, Literature, Woman, Literary, Europe
- copyright: 1905
- released in (110 years ago)
- "A little princess" is a book by Lucy Coats.
"A Little Princess" is a musical album of Patrick Doyle, soundtrack.
- also known as A Little Princess Soundtrack
- released on (19 years ago)
A Little Princess, The Musical is a musical with music by Andrew Lippa and book and lyrics by Brian Crawley, based on the 1905 children's novel of the same name by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A Little Princess
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Bernice E. Cullinan, Diane Goetz Person
and was later reworked into the fuller A Little Princess: Being the Whole Story of ...
The Encyclopedia of Film (1991)
by James Monaco
A Little Princess 1917 (a); 77ie Poor Little ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Little Princess
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Little Princess
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Little Princess to see it in context!