A Majority of One
On this page:
"A Majority of One" is a 1961 comedy film written by Leonard Spigelgass and directed by Mervyn LeRoy.
- also known as Teetä Tokiossa, Il molto onorevole ministro, 1000 Meilen bis Yokohama, I pleiopsifia tou enos, Mr. Asano forelsker sig, Egyöntetű többség, Egyöntetü többség
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Mervyn LeRoy
- art direction by John Beckman
- written by Leonard Spigelgass
- based on "A Majority of One" by Leonard Spigelgass
- Rosalind Russell as Mrs. Bertha Jacoby
- Alec Guinness as Koichi Asano
- Ray Danton as Jerome Black
- Madlyn Rhue as Alice Black
- Mae Questel as Mrs. Esther 'Essie' Rubin
- Marc Marno as Eddie
- Gary Vinson as Mr. McMillon
- Sharon Hugueny as Bride
- Frank Wilcox as Noah Putnam
- Francis De Sales as American embassy representative
- Yuki Shimoda as Mr. Asano's secretary
- Harriet E. MacGibbon as Mrs. Lily Putnam
- Alan Mowbray as Captain Norcross
- cinematography by Harry Stradling
- edited by Philip W. Anderson
- music by Max Steiner
- costume design by Orry-Kelly
- set decoration by Ralph S. Hurst
- genres: Family, Romance Film, Comedy, Drama
- subject: Romantic comedy
- That joyful hit of the stage is the big, bright delight of the screen !
- The heart-warmingest picture under the rising sun! The happiest pairing of stars in many-a-moon!
- Most honorable screen smash!
- It's even funnier than the play!
- released on (54 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Golden Globe Award for Best Film Promoting International Understanding nomination for Mervyn LeRoy
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy nomination for Rosalind Russell
- Academy Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Harry Stradling
- DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film nomination for Mervyn LeRoy
- Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy nomination for Rosalind Russell
- Golden Globe Award for Best Film Promoting International Understanding, received by Mervyn LeRoy
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, received by Rosalind Russell
- Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, received by Rosalind Russell
- Golden Laurel for Top Comedy (5th place)
- Writers Guild of America Award for Best Written Comedy nomination for Leonard Spigelgass
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A Majority of One
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Edward L. Melnick, Brian S. Everitt
proposed site location might contain a majority of one racial group while the population within 3 miles contains a majority of another group) and also potentially due to confounding variables impacting both demographics and exposure (e.g., ...
by Craig A. Evans
A majority of one was sufficient in non-capital trials toacquit the accused of a capital charge. A majority oftwo wasrequired foraguilty verdict on a capital charge . Verdicts could bereversed but notfromanacquittal to a conviction in a capital trial .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Majority of One
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A Majority of One
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'A Majority of One"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Majority of One to see it in context!