A Matter of Life and Death
On this page:
"A Matter of Life and Death" is a romantic fantasy film created by the British writing-directing-producing team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, and set in England during the Second World War. It stars David Niven, Roger Livesey, Raymond Massey, Kim Hunter and Marius Goring.
- also known as Stairway to Heaven, Irrtum im Jenseits
- countries: United Kingdom, England
- languages: English Language, French
- directors: Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger
- producers: Emeric Pressburger & Michael Powell
- production design by Alfred Junge
- written by Emeric Pressburger & Michael Powell
- cinematography by Jack Cardiff
- edited by Reginald Mills
- music by Allan Gray
- genres: Fantasy, Romance Film, War film, Drama
- subjects: World War II, Aviation
- tagline: The Greatest Adventure a Man Ever Lived!
- rating: PG (USA)
- released in (70 years ago)
- "A Matter of Life and Death" is a book written by Virginia Peterson.
- "A matter of life and death" is a book by Maria Andrea Miralles.
- also known as "A matter of life and death: health-seeking behavior of Guatemalan refugees in South Florida"
- "A matter of life and death" is a book by Albert H. Z. Carr.
- also known as "A matter of life and death; how wars get started or are prevented"
- "A Matter of Life and Death" is the fourteenth studio album by British heavy metal band Iron Maiden, released on 25 August 2006 in Italy and Finland, and 28 August worldwide, excluding the US, Canada and Japan on 5 September. It is the first album in Iron Maiden's career to enter the US Billboard charts in the top 10, achieving significant chart success in many other countries as well.
- "A Matter Of Life And Death" a.k.a. "A Matter of Life & Death (The Journal of Abel Mann)": A Matter Of Life & Death is the sixth studio album released by Guy Manning.
- "A Matter Of Life And Death" a.k.a. "A Matter of Life... And Death" is a musical album of David Allan Coe.
- "A Matter of Life and Death" is a song written by Steve Rinaldi and released by Rinaldi Sings on the 2005 album What's It All About? (Tangerine Records). The song was inspired by the film A Matter of Life and Death, a 1946 film starring David Niven and Kim Hunter (released as Stairway to Heaven in the US). The song features a sample of actress Kim Hunter's voice, taken from the film and used shortly before the end of the song.
A Matter of Life and Death is 1986 theatre production of the play by Rosalyn Drexler.
- award: - Obie Award for Performance, received by Tom Cayler
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Matter of Life and Death
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Eric Michael Mazur
A Matter of Life and Death (1946), perhaps the most estheti- cally impressive “ heaven” film of the last century, is defined by a compelling series of contradictions and defamiliarizing incongruities. Set in the final days of the last century's ...
by John Ayto
a matter of life and death a matter ofvital importance. a new lease of life: see LEASE. not on your life said to emphasize your refusal to comply with some ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Matter of Life and Death
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Matter of Life and Death
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Matter of Life and Death to see it in context!