A Night like This
On this page:
- "A Night like This" is the second single by Dutch jazz singer Caro Emerald from her debut album Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor. It was released on 11 December 2009, in the Netherlands after it was first presented in a Dutch Martini commercial on 16 October. Being released in 2010 in Europe, including the UK were it peaked at Number 65 in the UK Singles Chart. It was added to the 'A' list on BBC Radio One.
- "A Night Like This" is the first album by Rebecka Törnqvist, released in 1993.
- "A Night Like This" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Robert Smith
- "A Night Like This" is a musical EP of Steve Bug.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "A Night Like This" is a musical single of Caro Emerald.
- released on (5 years ago)
"A Night Like This" is a farce by Ben Travers, written as one of the series of Aldwych farces staged nearly continuously at the Aldwych Theatre, London, from 1923 to 1933. The farces were directed by Tom Walls, who co-starred in most of them with Ralph Lynn, and a supporting cast of regular Aldwych performers. The play is a spoof of detective plays and thrillers, with the two stars successfully taking on a criminal gang. Eventually, the gang is rounded up, and the jewels taken from the heroine are restored to their proper owner.
"A Night Like This" is a 1932 film farce, directed by Tom Walls, with a script by Ben Travers. It is a screen adaption of the original 1930 Aldwych farce of the same title.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Herbert Wilcox
- art direction by Lawrence P. Williams
- written by W. P. Lipscomb, Ben Travers, Tom Walls
- based on a story by Ben Travers
- Tom Walls as Michael Mahoney
- Ralph Lynn as Clifford Tope
- Winifred Shotter as Cora Mellish
- Mary Brough as Mrs. Decent
- Robertson Hare as Miles Tuckett
- Claude Hulbert as Archie Slott
- Boris Ranevsky as Kosky
- C.V. France as Micky the Mailer
- Joan Brierley as Molly Dean
- Al Bowlly as Singer
- Roy Fox as Bandleader
- Hal Gordon as Taxi Driver
- Kay Hammond as Mimi - Cocktail Shaker
- Lew Stone as Pianist
- Reginald Purdell as Waiter
- cinematography by Freddie Young
- edited by Maclean Rogers
- music by Arthur Young
- costume design by Doris Zinkeisen
- genre: Farce
- released in (83 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Night like This
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Irish Use of English by Terence Patrick Dolan
'Begorra, that's a long road you have to take on a night like this.' begrudgers Bertie Bowl Trollope, The Kellys and the O Kellys.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Night like This
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Night like This
Click on an item to view that photo:
- On a night like this
Photo credit: zoonyzoozoodazoo
- This is the perfect place to eat on a night like this
Photo credit: marioanima
Video about A Night like This
A night like this (lite definition)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Night like This to see it in context!