On this page:
"A Number" is a 2002 play by English playwright Caryl Churchill which addresses the subject of human cloning and identity, especially nature versus nurture. The story, set in the near future, is structured around the conflict between a father and his sons – two of whom are clones of the first one.
"A Number" is a 2008 drama film written by Caryl Churchill and directed by James MacDonald.
- countries: United Kingdom, United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Lee Morris, Tracey Scoffield, Frank Doelger
- production design by John Paul Kelly
- art direction by Katy Harvey
- cinematography by Florian Hoffmeister
- edited by Humphrey Dixon
- costume design by Consolata Boyle
- set decoration by Sara Wan
- genre: Drama
- released on (7 years ago)
- award: - Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie (Role: Salter ) nomination for Tom Wilkinson
- A Number is a 2005 theater production of the play by Caryl Churchill.
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Director, Resident Play nomination for Joy Zinoman
- The Robert Prosky Award for Outstanding Lead Actor, Resident Play nomination for Tom Story
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Resident Play nomination for Studio Theatre
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Director, Resident Play, received by Joy Zinoman
- A Number is a 2002 theater production of the play by Caryl Churchill.
- award: - Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor nomination for Michael Gambon
- A Number is a 2004-2005 theater production of the play by Caryl Churchill.
- award: - Obie Award for Playwriting, received by Caryl Churchill
Phrases with A Number
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Number
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Including dimensionless numbers and scales by H. G. Jerrard
Octane number A number used in automobile engineering to describe.
by R.L. Trask
The phenomenon, occurring in certain languages, by which nouns are divided into a number of semantically based classes by the occurrence of classifiers in certain types of noun phrases, each noun typically requiring one of the set of ...
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
AUTHORIZATION NUMBER: A number assigned to each authorized referral for service outside the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Number
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Number
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Take a Number.
Video language resources about A Number
Click on an item to play that video:
- CRV Fractions: Definition on a Number Line
Fraction module: Classroom introduction to fraction terminology. Links to Other Resources at...
- Side Explanation of Splitting a Number into Hundreds/Tens/Units
- Checking a number prime or not using recursion in C Language
Checking a number prime or not using recursion in C Language.
- C Language - Adding individual digits of a number
This video explains how to add individual digits of a number.
- MBS Consultancy Dictionary: 'In Business The Answer is a Number'
Professor Syd Howell, Director of Consultancy Projects and Dr Mike Arundale, Associate Director of Consultancy Projects, explain 'In Business The Answer is a ...
See also the pronunciation examples of A Number!
Quotes about A Number
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying. (Tom Hopkins)
Anagrams of A NUMBER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A Number!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Number to see it in context!