On this page:
"A Number" is a 2002 play by English playwright Caryl Churchill which addresses the subject of human cloning and identity, especially nature versus nurture. The story, set in the near future, is structured around the conflict between a father and his sons – two of whom are clones of the first one.
"A Number" is a 2008 drama film written by Caryl Churchill and directed by James MacDonald.
- countries: United Kingdom, United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Lee Morris, Tracey Scoffield, Frank Doelger
- production design by John Paul Kelly
- art direction by Katy Harvey
- cinematography by Florian Hoffmeister
- edited by Humphrey Dixon
- costume design by Consolata Boyle
- set decoration by Sara Wan
- genre: Drama
- released on (7 years ago)
- award: - Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie (Role: Salter ) nomination for Tom Wilkinson
- A Number is a 2005 theater production of the play by Caryl Churchill.
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Director, Resident Play nomination for Joy Zinoman
- The Robert Prosky Award for Outstanding Lead Actor, Resident Play nomination for Tom Story
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Resident Play nomination for Studio Theatre
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Director, Resident Play, received by Joy Zinoman
- A Number is a 2002 theater production of the play by Caryl Churchill.
- award: - Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor nomination for Michael Gambon
- A Number is a 2004-2005 theater production of the play by Caryl Churchill.
- award: - Obie Award for Playwriting, received by Caryl Churchill
Phrases with A Number
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Number
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
ENCYCLOPAEDIA BRITANNICA; Or, A DICTIONARY of Arts and Sciences, Compiled Upon a New Plan. In Wich the Different Science and Arts are Digested Into Distinct Treatises Or Systems; and The Various Technical Terms, ... are Explained as They Occur in the Order of the Alphabet. Illustrated with One Hundred and Sixty Copperplates, by a Society of Gentlemen in Scotland. IN THREE VOLUMES. Edinburgh: Printed for A. Bell and C. Macfarquhar; and Fold by Colin Macfarquhar, at this Printing-office, Nicolson Street. M.D.CC.LXXI. (1771)
A number is aid to measure another number, 'hen it is contained in that other number a certain number os times, or when it divides that other number without any remainder. Thus, 3 measures 6, 9, or '2. 5. An even number is that which is ...
Junior School Dictionary (2002)
by Linsay Knight, Andrew Delahunty
your telephone number 3 a quantity, total or amount: the number of kids in our class 4 a large quantity: A number of spectators were injured. 6 a song played during a concert: The band played the next number. number verb 7 to give a ...
Including dimensionless numbers and scales by H. G. Jerrard
A number used in magnetohydrodynamics to indicate the relative magnitudes of convection and diffusion of the magnetic field.
Vol. I. Number Theory by Marius Coman
The Smarandache pseudo-primes sequences144 The pseudo-primes of first kind sequence: Definition: A number is pseudo-prime of first kind if some permutation of its digits is a prime number, including the identity permutation. The first ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Number
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Number
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Take a Number.
Video language resources about A Number
Click on an item to play that video:
- CRV Fractions: Definition on a Number Line
Fraction module: Classroom introduction to fraction terminology. Links to Other Resources at...
- Side Explanation of Splitting a Number into Hundreds/Tens/Units
- Checking a number prime or not using recursion in C Language
Checking a number prime or not using recursion in C Language.
- C Language - Adding individual digits of a number
This video explains how to add individual digits of a number.
- MBS Consultancy Dictionary: 'In Business The Answer is a Number'
Professor Syd Howell, Director of Consultancy Projects and Dr Mike Arundale, Associate Director of Consultancy Projects, explain 'In Business The Answer is a ...
See also the pronunciation examples of A Number!
Quotes about A Number
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying. (Tom Hopkins)
Anagrams of A NUMBER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A Number!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Number to see it in context!