A Part appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Val, slam in a trap a part-animal Slav.
- A man, a plan, a caret, a ban, a myriad, a sum, a lac, a liar, a hoop, a pint, a catalpa, a gas, an oil, a bird, a yell, a vat, a caw, a pax, a wag, a tax, a nay, a ram, a cap, a yam, a gay, a tsar, a wall, a car, a luger, a ward, a bin, a woman, a vassal, a wolf, a tuna, a nit, a pall, a fret, a watt, a bay, a daub, a tan, a cab, a datum, a gall, a hat, a fag, a zap, a say, a jaw, a lay, a wet, a gallop, a tug, a trot, a trap, a tram, a torr, a caper, a top, a tonk, a toll, a ball, a fair, a sax, a minim, a tenor, a bass, a passer, a capital, a rut, an amen, a ted, a cabal, a tang, a sun, an ass, a maw, a sag, a jam, a dam, a sub, a salt, an axon, a sail, an ad, a wadi, a radian, a room, a rood, a rip, a tad, a pariah, a revel, a reel, a reed, a pool, a plug, a pin, a peek, a parabola, a dog, a pat, a cud, a nu, a fan, a pal, a rum, a nod, an eta, a lag, an eel, a batik, a mug, a mot, a nap, a maxim, a mood, a leek, a grub, a gob, a gel, a drab, a citadel, a total, a cedar, a tap, a gag, a rat, a manor, a bar, a gal, a cola, a pap, a yaw, a tab, a raj, a gab, a nag, a pagan, a bag, a jar, a bat, a way, a papa, a local, a gar, a baron, a mat, a rag, a gap, a tar, a decal, a tot, a led, a tic, a bard, a leg, a bog, a burg, a keel, a doom, a mix, a map, an atom, a gum, a kit, a baleen, a gala, a ten, a don, a mural, a pan, a faun, a ducat, a pagoda, a lob, a rap, a keep, a nip, a gulp, a loop, a deer, a leer, a lever, a hair, a pad, a tapir, a door, a moor, an aid, a raid, a wad, an alias, an ox, an atlas, a bus, a madam, a jag, a saw, a mass, an anus, a gnat, a lab, a cadet, an em, a natural, a tip, a caress, a pass, a baronet, a minimax, a sari, a fall, a ballot, a knot, a pot, a rep, a carrot, a mart, a part, a tort, a gut, a poll, a gateway, a law, a jay, a sap, a zag, a fat, a hall, a gamut, a dab, a can, a tabu, a day, a batt, a waterfall, a patina, a nut, a flow, a lass, a van, a mow, a nib, a draw, a regular, a call, a war, a stay, a gam, a yap, a cam, a ray, an ax, a tag, a wax, a paw, a cat, a valley, a drib, a lion, a saga, a plat, a catnip, a pooh, a rail, a calamus, a dairyman, a bater, a canal - Panama!
On this page:
Who is A Part?
A Part a.k.a. Arvo Pärt is an Estonian composer of classical and sacred music. Since the late 1970s, Pärt has worked in a minimalist style that employs his self-invented compositional technique, tintinnabuli. His music is in part inspired by Gregorian chant. As of 2013, Pärt has been the most performed contemporary composer in the world for three years in a row.
- also known as Pärt; A. Pärt; Arvo Part; Part, Arvo; Avro Part; Pärt, Arvo; Arvo Paert; A. Part; Aruvo Peruto
- born on (79 years ago) in Paide
- nationality: Estonia, Austria, Germany, Soviet Union
- profession: Film score composer, composer
- member of musical group Arvö Pärt & Jeroen van Veen
- genres: Contemporary classical music, Minimal music
- read more about Arvo Pärt (composer)
"A Part" is a 2008 short film directed by David Sowden and written by Sowden and Nicholas Zebrun. It involves two people who are emotionally and sexually isolated from others, going through the monotonous rigours of the day with little-to-no enthusiasm for life.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Nicholas Zebrun
- executive producer: David Sowden
- written by David Sowden & Nicholas Zebrun
- cinematography by Nikki DeShea Smith
- edited by David Sowden & Nicholas Zebrun
- music by Nate Zapotocky
- genre: Drama
- released in (7 years ago)
- "A Part" is a musical album of Reggie Workman & Terumasa Hino.
- released in (44 years ago)
- "A Part" is a musical album of Lo and the Magnetics.
- "A Part" is a musical album of Lo and the Magnetics.
- released in (9 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Part
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J.A. Tenreiro Machado, Béla Pátkai, Imre J. Rudas
A part is a component of the artefact being designed. The concept of part introduced here represents a physical identity of ...
175 Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, Tinctures, and Other Natural Remedies for the Entire Family by Rosemary Gladstar
A part is a unit of measurement that can be interpreted to mean cup, ounce, pound, tablespoon, teaspoon — any amount at all, so long as you use that unit consistently throughout the recipe. If you were using tablespoons in the recipe just ...
Partic′ular, relating to a part of anything: pertaining to a single person or thing: individual: special:worthy ofspecialattention: concerned withor marking things single or distinct:exact: niceintaste: precise.—n. a distinctor minutepart: asingle ...
Used in the Arts and Sciences, and of Many Words in Common Use, with Popular Quotations from Foreign Languages, and Their Translations. From the Best Authorities
Fainting fit; contraction of a word, by cutting off a part in the middle. Syndic, s. [Gr. sundikos ; sun, with, and dike, justice.] ...
Alphabetically Arranged to Illustrate the Geography of the Holy Scriptures, and to Extend a Knowledge of that Interesting Country by Peter Graham
A part of this ridge, or perhaps a distinct mass of the chain was denominated Nebo ; which is plain from the command of God to Moses, to “get up into this mountain Abarim, unto Mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, over against Jericho.
by Peter Graham (topographical writer.)
A part of this ridge, or perhaps a distinct mass of the chain was denominated Nebo : which is plain from the command of God to Moses, to "get up into this mountain Abarim, unto Mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, over against Jericho.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Part
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Part
Click on an item to view that photo:
- A part
Photo credit: Szilveszter Farkas
- A part
Photo credit: 髒蠹蟲
- A part and apart...
The true torture of Alcatraz is that it was both a part of San Francisco, and yet of course decidedly apart. Prisoners used to tell of hearing laughter and glasses clinking while they sat in their cells at night.
The view of Alcatraz from Angel Island really shows how close it was to the city.
Photo credit: Gunn Shots (Catching up)
Video language resources about A Part
Click on an item to play that video:
- GRE SAT Vocabulary Word A Part - 1
GRE Vocabulary Part -1 SAT Vocabulary Part -1 IIM CAT Vocabulary Part -1 GMAT Vocabulary Part -1 Words starting with A. Vocabulary with images.
- Now A Part Of Automatic Arts (Explanation)
- English News - Issa: 'Politics Played a Part' in Benghazi Explanation
- JUST SHOWING OFF A PART NUMBERS THEN EXPLANATION
- Section A Part B Demo plus explanation
- Become a part of the language project!
- Pronouncing words is often a part of memorizing them in second-language learning
See also the pronunciation examples of A Part!
Quotes about A Part
[Long hair] is considered bohemian, which may be why I grew it, but I keep it long because I love the way it feels, part cloak, part fan, part mane, part security blanket. (Marge Piercy)
Anagrams of A PART
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of A Part!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Part to see it in context!