A Rage to Live
On this page:
"A Rage to Live" is a 1965 American drama film directed by Walter Grauman and starring Suzanne Pleshette as a woman whose passions wreak havoc on her life. The screenplay by John T. Kelley is based on the 1949 novel of the same name by John O'Hara.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- art direction by James W. Sullivan
- written by John T. Kelley
- based on "A Rage to Live" by John O'Hara
- music by Nelson Riddle
- genres: Black-and-white, Romance Film, Film adaptation, Drama
- Take it easy, Grace...! Think of a good lie to tell your husband. Tell him you're late because...
- Charlie, Sidney, Roger... The names and places didn't matter... only 'when'.
- The story of Grace Caldwell Tate really began in the back seat of a car... ...and went from...
- released in (51 years ago)
- award: - Academy Award for Best Costume Design, Black-and-White nomination for Howard Shoup
- "A rage to live" is a book by Mary S. Lovell.
- also known as "A rage to live: a biography of Richard and Isabel Burton"
- genres: Biography, Autobiography
- subjects: Exploration, 19th century
- "A Rage to Live" is a novel by John O'Hara.
- author: John O'Hara
- released in (67 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Rage to Live
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Elizabeth Knowles
mortification, felt such a rage to live. of the 1960s The Revolution of Everyday Life (1967) 1 The same people who are murdered slowly in the mechanized slaughterhouses of work are also arguing, singing, drinking, dancing, making love, ...
by Donald Haase
A Rage to Live: A Biography of Richard and Isabel Burton. New York: Norton, 1998; McLynn, Frank. Burton: Snow Upon the Desert. London: John Murray Publishing, 1993; Ondaatje, Christopher.
From Caedmon and King Alfred's Boethius to Browning and Tennyson by Samuel Orchart Beeton, William Michael Rossetti
With too much quickness ever to be taught ; With too much thinking to have common thought : You purchase pain with all that joy can give, And die of nothing but a rage to live. Turn then from wits ; and look on Simo's mate, No ass so meek, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Rage to Live
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A Rage to Live
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Rage to Live to see it in context!