A Royal Scandal
is an acrostic for ars.
On this page:
- "A Royal Scandal", also known as Czarina, is a 1945 film about the love life of Russian Empress Catherine the Great. It stars Tallulah Bankhead, Charles Coburn, Anne Baxter, and William Eythe. The film was based on the play Die Zarin by Lajos Bíró and Melchior Lengyel.
- also known as A Royal Scandal aka Czarina, Ernst Lubitsch's A Royal Scandal
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: Ernst Lubitsch & Otto Preminger
- producer: Ernst Lubitsch
- art direction by Lyle R. Wheeler & Mark-Lee Kirk
- written by Bruno Frank & Edwin Justus Mayer
- based on "Die zarin" by Lajos Bíró & Melchior Lengyel
- William Eythe as Lt. Alexei Chernoff
- Tallulah Bankhead as Catherine the Great
- Charles Coburn as Chancellor Nicolai Iiyitch
- Anne Baxter as Countess Anna Jaschikoff
- Vincent Price as Marquis de Fleury
- Vladimir Sokoloff as Malakoff
- Mischa Auer as Capt. Sukov
- Sig Ruman as Gen. Ronsky
- Mikhail Rasumny as Drunken General
- Paul Baratoff as Russian General
- cinematography by Arthur Charles Miller
- edited by Dorothy Spencer
- music by Alfred Newman
- costume design by René Hubert
- set decoration by Thomas Little
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- tagline: Saucy! Naughty! Delicious!
- released on (69 years ago)
- "A Royal Scandal" a.k.a. "The Trousers" is a 1927 German silent comedy film directed by Hans Behrendt and starring Werner Krauss, Jenny Jugo and Rudolf Forster. It was based on a play by Carl Sternheim. Art direction was by Heinrich Richter and Franz Schroedter. The film is notable for the performance of Veit Harlan, later the director who made the controversial antisemitic Jew Suss, as a Jewish barber in a film made by a director who would later died in the holocaust.
- read more about The Trousers
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Royal Scandal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John DiLeo
A Royal Scandal is a sex comedy very much like The Affairs of Cellini (1934), with eighteenth-century Russia standing in for sixteenth- century Italy. It will come as no surprise that Scandal's screenplay (which supplies Tallulah with remarkably ...
by Chris Cook
averted a royal scandal. The “Bubble Act' was passed in the same year to regulate the formation and activities ...
by David Thomson
A Royal Scandal (45 .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Royal Scandal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A Royal Scandal for some fun with words!