A Rumor of War
is an acrostic for arow.
On this page:
"A Rumor of War" is a 1977 memoir by Philip Caputo about his service in the United States Marine Corps in the early years of the Vietnam War.
- genres: Reference, Science, Biography, Mathematics
- subjects: History, Military branch, Warfare, Asia, Vietnam, Southeast Asia, United States of America, Vietnam War, Reference
"A Rumor of War" is a 1980 television miniseries, based on the 1977 autobiography by Philip Caputo about his service in the United States Marine Corps in the early years of American involvement in the Vietnam War. It was one of the earliest serious US works of television or film drama to be based on US combat experience in Southeast Asia.
- begun on (35 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Richard T. Heffron
- producer: David Manson
- executive producers: Dick Berg & Charles W. Fries
- art direction by Herman F. Zimmerman
- written by John Sacret Young
- based on a story by Philip Caputo
- Michael O'Keefe as Lt. Walter Cohen
- Laurence Fishburne as Lightbulb
- Brad Davis as Lt. Philip 'Phil' Caputo
- Keith Carradine as Lt. Murph McCoy
- Richard Bradford as Gen. Merle Rupert
- Brian Dennehy as Sgt. Ned Coleman
- John Friedrich as Cpl. Pascarella
- Perry Lang as Woodward
- Christopher Mitchum as Capt. Peterson
- Dan Shor as Manhole
- Lane Smith as Sgt. Willliam Holgren
- Nicholas Woodeson as Cpl. Kazmarak
- Gail Youngs as Carol
- Steve Forrest as Col. Atherton
- Stacy Keach as Maj. Ball
- casting by Judith Holstra
- cinematography by Stevan Larner & Jorge Stahl, Jr.
- edited by Michael Eliot, Scott C. Eyler, Tom Fries
- music by Charles Gross
- set decoration by Ray Molyneaux
- genres: Docudrama, War film, Drama, Biographical film, Miniseries
- subject: Vietnam War
- released on (35 years ago)
- award: - Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Film Sound Mixing nomination for Manuel Topete, William McCaughey, Robert L. Harman & Harry Alphin
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Rumor of War
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ronald B. Frankum, Jr.
A Rumor of War. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston , 1977.
by Martin J. Manning, Clarence R. Wyatt
A Rumor of War ...
by James Stuart Olson
SUGGESTED READINGS: Philip Caputo, A Rumor of War, 1977; ...
by EPUB 2-3
Philip Caputo, A Rumor of War. Robert Coover,ThePublic Burning. John Gregory Dunne, True Confessions. Walker Percy, Lancelot. 1978 MuhammadAli defeats Leon Spinks andbecomes the first man ever to win the heavyweight boxing ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Rumor of War
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A Rumor of War for some fun with words!