A Separate Peace
is an acrostic for asp.
On this page:
- "A Separate Peace" is a 1972 film directed by Larry Peerce. It was adapted by John Knowles and Fred Segal, from the former's best-selling novel of the same name. It starred Parker Stevenson, who would later rise to fame as "Frank Hardy" on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, and as "Craig Pomeroy" on Baywatch.
- countries: United States of America, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- cinematography by Frank Stanley
- music by Charles Fox
- set decoration by Phil Abramson
- genre: Drama
- released in (44 years ago)
- "A Separate Peace": John Knowles's celebrated allegorical novel has been given a new screen interpretation in this made-for-cable adaptation. Gene and Finny are two students at an upscale prep school during World War II; like their fellow classmates, Gene and Finny are trying to complete their schoolwork before they're drafted and sent overseas. Gene is bright but introspective, while Finny is outgoing and athletic but not a distinguished scholar. Gene and Finny strike up a friendship, and Gene finds that Finny's charm and charisma begins to rub off on him. However, Gene also finds that his more active social life is putting damper on his schoolwork, and his fondness for Finny fades into a distrust and resentment, as he begins to believe that the poorer student wants to bring him down to his intellectual level. The rift between Gene and Finny continues to grow until it manifests itself in a shocking act that will change them both forever. Also featuring Hume Cronyn, A Separate Peace was produced for the Showtime premium cable network, where it first aired in the fall of 2004; an earlier theatrical film version was released in 1972.
- countries: Canada, United States of America
- languages: German Language, English Language
- director: Peter Yates
- written by Wendy Kesselman
- based on "A Separate Peace" by John Knowles
- J Barton as Gene Forrester
- Toby Moore as Finny
- Jacob Pitts as Brinker Hadley
- Danny Swerdlow as Elwin "Leper" Lepellier
- Aaron Ashmore as Chad
- Adam Frost as Harry
- Matt Austin as Rach
- Sean McCann as Dr. Stanpole
- Alison Pill as Beth
- R. D. Reid as Farmer
- Hume Cronyn as Professor Carmichael
- Colin Fox as Professor Fitzwinkler
- Lise LeBel-Wagner as Mlle. Lebecque
- John Bayliss as Mr. Radford
- Linda Goranson as Mrs. Carmichael
- John Peters as Phys Ed Instructor
- Bazil Williams as Railroad Porter
- cinematography by Checco Varese
- genre: Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (11 years ago)
- Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Children/Youth/Family Special nomination for Laura Gherardi, Murray Schisgal, Lee Gottsegen, Jay Cohen, J.B. Sugar, Michael Sugar, Enrique Murciano, Armand Leo, Peter Yates & Wendy Kesselman
- Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer In A Children/Youth/Family Special nomination for Hume Cronyn
- WGA Award for Best Children's - Long Form or Special - Television nomination for Wendy Kesselman
- WGA Award for Best Children's - Long Form or Special - Television, received by Wendy Kesselman
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Separate Peace
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Pat Rogers
A separate peace between France and the Holy Roman Empire was delayed until 1714. On 13 July 1713 a treaty was signed between Britain and Spain, which made territorial concessions to Britain, and transferred the "Asiento" to the South ...
by Kevin Shillington
At the time of Jugurtha, the Mauritanian king Bocchus, deeply involved with the Numidian royal family, betrayed Jugurtha and made a separate peace with Rome in 105BCE. Mauritania then, too, became involved in the civil wars of Rome, and ...
Encyclopædia metropolitana; or, Universal dictionary of knowledge, ed. by E. Smedley, Hugh J. Rose and Henry J. Rose. [With] Plates (1845)
A separate peace made l>y Maximilian of Bavaria, March 14, a. n. 1647 .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Separate Peace
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Separate Peace
Day 262: A Separate Peace
Photo credit: crimsong19
Video about A Separate Peace
A Separate Peace Movie (LANGUAGE CLASS)
See also the pronunciation examples of A Separate Peace!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of A Separate Peace to learn how to say it correctly!