On this page:
- "A Separation" is a 2011 Iranian drama film written and directed by Asghar Farhadi, starring Leila Hatami, Peyman Moaadi, Shahab Hosseini, Sareh Bayat, and Sarina Farhadi. It focuses on an Iranian middle-class couple who separate, and the conflicts that arise when the husband hires a lower-class care giver for his elderly father, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease.
- also known as Nader and Simin - A Separation, The Separation of Nader from Simin
- country: Iran
- language: Persian Language
- producer: Asghar Farhadi
- executive producer: Negar Eskandarfar
- production design by Keyvan Moghaddam
- written by Asghar Farhadi
- Peyman Moaadi as Nader
- Leila Hatami as Simin
- Sareh Bayat as Razieh
- Shahab Hosseini as Hojjat
- Sarina Farhadi as Termeh
- Merila Zare'i as Miss Ghahraii
- Ali Asghar Shahbazi as Nader's Father
- Babak Karimi as Interrogator
- Kimia Hosseini as Somayeh
- Shirin Yazdanbakhsh as Simin's Mother
- Sahabanu Zolghadr as Azam
- Mohammadhasan Asghari as Creditor #1
- Shirin Azimiyannezhad as Woman in the Bus
- Hamid Dadju as Creditor #2
- Mohammad Ebrahimian as Judge
- Samad Farhang as Interrogator's Office Manager
- Ali Fattahi as Soldier #1
- Nafise Ghodrati as School Teacher
- Roya Hosseini as Police Officer #1
- Seyyed Jamshid Hosseini as Accused Man #1
- Hamid Janane as Soldier #2
- Sahar Kave as Neighbour Woman
- Seyyd Hamid Mirshams as Soldier #3
- Manuchehr Mohammadzade as Creditor #3
- Mazdak Mohaymeni as Police Officer #2
- Majid Nameni as Accused Man #2
- Ali Nazari as Satelite Reciever Operator
- Farhad Nosrati as Piano Delievery Man
- Mahmoud Rafi'i as Interrogator's Secretary
- Bahare Riyahi as Hospital Receptionist
- Peyman Sadeghi as Doctor
- Mohammad Saffari as Shoemaker
- Nosratollah Seyfizade as Creditor #4
- Bahare Shahbazi as Neighbour Girl
- Khodarahm Soleymannezhad as School Janitor
- Maria Tehranchi as School Principal
- Armine Zeytounchian as Mrs. Kalaani
- Mohammad Sajadian as Soldier #4
- music by Sattar Oraki
- genre: Drama
- tagline: Ugly truth, sweet lies
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (4 years ago)
- read more about A Separation (film)
- "A Separation" is a 2013 documentary film.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Separation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mark Sawicki
A separation is a black-and-white film that contains only one of the color components. It is made by placing the color negative in contact with black-and- white film and exposing it with a primary color. This process was done three times to create ...
by J. Fraissard
Such a separation is a pity since many common elements and themes of these systems remain unrecognised and unexploited. The purpose of this Advanced Research Workshop on "Magnetic Resonance in Colloids and Interface Science" ...
Parameterized Complexity (2012)
by Rodney G. Downey, M.R. Fellows
A separation is a pair (G1, G2) of subhypergraphs with G1 UG2 = G and E(G1 O G2) = Z. The order of the separation is |V(G1 O G2)]. A march in a vertex set V is a finite sequence of distinct elements of V. A rooted hypergraph is a pair (G, ...
In Force July 1st, 1895
Consent to a separation is a revocable act, and if one of the parties afterwards, in good faith, seeks a reconciliation and restoration but the other refuses'it, such refusal is desertion. CONSENT REVOCABLE.-—The consent to a. separation is ...
Encyclopedia of Optimization (2001)
An algorithm for solving a separation problem is called a separation routine, and it can be used to solve an integer programming problem. The ellipsoid algorithm [ 17],  is a method for solving linear programming problems in polynomial ...
by Harry T. Reis, Susan Sprecher
Resilience Is the Norm, Not the Exception Most people ultimately fare well following a separation experience. By 2 years after a divorce, many adults report having used the window of change as opportunity for growth, transformation, and ...
A Dictionary of Law (2015)
by Jonathan Law
A separation agreement in writing may be a *maintenance agreement and governed by the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973. separation of powers The doctrine that the liberty of the individual is secure only if the three primary functions of the ...
In which the Words are Traced to Their Origin, and Their Various Meanings Given by William Carey
a separation, a division, a space between, an interruption of friendship or love, disjunction, removal, disunion, a chapter or division of a book, the space left between words in writing or printing. fallow, a. ( from ft ...
The Gentlemlen's Lexicon; Or, A Pocket Dictionary, Containing Nearly Every Work in the English Language (1835)
Being Also Particularly Adapted to the Use of Academies and Schools by William Grimshaw
A small animal, having a separation in the middle, or between the extremities of its bo dy, joined by a ligature, as a com mon fly. v. insect; pr. par. insect- ing; past, insected: adj. insectile. INSECTOL'OGER. s. One whc studies or describes ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Separation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about A Separation
Click on an item to play that video:
- A Separation Wins Foreign Language Film: 2012 Oscars
Sandra Bullock presents director Asghar Farhadi with the Oscar for Foreign Language Film for Iran's A Separation at the 84th Academy Awards. See more 2012 ...
- A Separation Wins Best Foreign Language Film - Golden Globes 2012
Madonna presents the award for Best Foreign Language Film to "A Separation" (Iran). Director Asghar Farhadi thanks Michael Barker, Tom Bernard and Sony ...
- A Separation wins Best Foreign Language film at 2012 Golden Globes HD.mkv
- 2012 Golden Globe Awards - A Separation - Best Foreign Language Film
2012 Golden Globe Awards - A Separation - Best Foreign Language Film.
- A Separation Wins 2012 Golden Glob for Foreign Language
A Separation Wins 2012 Golden Glob for Foreign Language.
- Deals in UK presents A Separation Official Trailer #1 - Foreign Language Academy Award Entry (2011)
See also the pronunciation examples of A Separation!
Quotes about A Separation
Sanctification is not to be understood here as a separation from ordinary use or consecration to some special use, although this meaning is often present in Scripture, sometimes referring to outward and sometimes to inward or effectual separation. (William Ames)
Anagrams of A SEPARATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A Separation!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Separation to see it in context!