A Short Film about Killing
On this page:
"A Short Film About Killing" is a 1988 film directed by Krzysztof Kieślowski and starring Mirosław Baka, Krzysztof Globisz, and Jan Tesarz. Written by Krzysztof Kieślowski and Krzysztof Piesiewicz, the film was expanded from Decalogue V of the Polish television series The Decalogue. Set in Warsaw, Poland, the film compares the senseless, violent murder of an individual to the cold, calculated execution by the state. A Short Film About Killing won both the Jury Prize and the FIPRESCI Prize at the 1988 Cannes Film Festival, as well as the European Film Award for Best Film. It is one of the 11 films that have been selected for preservation by National Film Archive of India.
- also known as Krotki Film O Zabijaniu, Krótki film o zabijaniu, Ein kurzer Film über das Töten
- country: Poland
- language: Polish Language
- producer: Ryszard Chutkowski
- production design by Halina Dobrowolska
- art direction by Halina Dobrowolska
- written by Krzysztof Piesiewicz & Krzysztof Kieślowski
- Krzysztof Globisz as Piotr Balicki
- Mirosław Baka as Jacek Lazar
- Jan Tesarz as Waldemar Rekowski
- Zbigniew Zapasiewicz as Committee Chairman
- Barbara Dziekan as Cashier
- Aleksander Bednarz as The Executioner
- Jerzy Zass as Police Commander
- Artur Barciś as Young Man
- Zdzislaw Tobiasz as Judge
- Krystyna Janda as Dorota
- Olgierd Łukaszewicz as Andrzej
- music by Zbigniew Preisner
- genres: Crime Fiction, Drama
- subject: Capital punishment
- released on (27 years ago)
- read more about A Short Film About Killing (film)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A Short Film about Killing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Eric Michael Mazur
Two episodes, Dekalog “V” and “VI,” were extended and re- named Krótki film o zabijaniu (A Short Film About Killing, 1988) and Krótki film o mił ̄os ́ci (A Short Film About Love, 1988), respectively. These two films were given theatrical release ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
see Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter Krotki Film o Zabijaniu (A Short Film About Killing) 1987, (Pol), color, 85 mins.
by Louis J. Palmer, Jr.
A Short Film About Killing, starring Miroslaw Baka (1987): Polish film of man on death row. Rampage, directed by William Friedkin (1988): Story ofa prosecutor's efforts to obtain the death penalty for a man who killed a family. The Thin Blue ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Short Film about Killing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: