A Small Act
On this page:
"A Small Act": As an impoverished boy in Kenya, Chris Mburu's life was dramatically changed when an anonymous Swedish woman sponsored his primary and secondary education. Now a Harvard-educated human-rights lawyer, he hopes to replicate the generosity he once received by founding his own scholarship fund to aid a new generation. The challenges Mburu faces instituting his new program seem at times insurmountable but lead him down the path to discovery.
- also known as A Small Act of Kindness
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Swedish Language, Gikuyu Language, Swahili Language
- director: Jennifer Arnold
- producers: Jennifer Arnold, Patricia Lee, Jeffrey Soros
- executive producer: Joan Huang
- written by Jennifer Arnold
- based on a story by Thomas Schlesinger
- cinematography by Patricia Lee
- edited by Carl Pfirman & Tyler Hubby
- music by Joel Goodman
- locations: Kenya, Switzerland, Sweden
- genre: Documentary film
- released in (5 years ago)
- award: - Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury Prize: World Cinema Documentary nomination for Jennifer Arnold
- official website: www.asmallact.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Small Act
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Cæsar Childers
Appam puhhakammam, a small act of virtue (B. Lot. 340). Appdni pupphini, few flowers (Dh. 253). Appo saggdya gacchati, few go to heaven (Dh. 32). Appena bahum icehati, wants much in return for little. Appabhogo, poor. Appapanho, haymg ...
Phraseological Allusions, Catchwords, Stereotyped Modes of Speech and Metaphors, Nicknames, Sobriquets, Derivations from Personal Names, Etc., with Explanations and Thousands of Exact References to Their Sources Or Early Usage by Albert Montefiore Hyamson
to perform a small act in the hope or expectation of a disproportionate result.
a small act of affection or thoughtfulness 4.
a small act of affection or thoughtfulness 4. ( Military) an erect position that a solider is commanded to take, with eyes in front, ...
A small act of dishonesty will not warrant a master or mistress in branding a servant as a thief. Terms denoting criminality should be avoided ; and if a criminal act is charged against the servant, care must be taken that proof can be given.
by David Noel Freedman, Allen C. Myers
dangerous, Jesus had a following, the city was packed with pilgrims, who were celebrating the Exodus from Egypt and Israel's liberation from foreign bondage, and Jesus JESUS CHRIST JETHER had committed a small act of violence 706.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Small Act
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Small Act to see it in context!