A Sound of Thunder
On this page:
"A Sound of Thunder" is a 2005 science fiction thriller film directed by Peter Hyams, and starring Edward Burns, Catherine McCormack and Ben Kingsley. An international co-production between the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany and the Czech Republic, the film was planned originally for a 2003 release. However, flooding in Prague and other financial difficulties—including the bankruptcy of the original production company during post-production—resulted in a delayed release.
- countries: United States of America, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Germany
- languages: English Language, Standard Chinese
- producers: Renny Harlin, Elie Samaha, Karen Dianne Baldwin & Moshe Diamant
- executive producers: Howard Baldwin, Romana Císařová, Breck Eisner, John Hardy, William J. Immerman, Rick Nathanson, Elie Samaha, Andrew Stevens, Jörg Westerkamp
- production design by Richard Holland
- art direction by Keith Pain
- written by Thomas Dean Donnelly, Gregory Poirier, Joshua Oppenheimer
- based on "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury
- Ben Kingsley as Charles Hatton
- Edward Burns as Travis Ryer
- Catherine McCormack as Sonia Rand
- Corey Johnson as Christian Middleton
- August Zirner as Clay Derris
- Armin Rohde as John Wallenbeck
- Heike Makatsch as Alicia Wallenbeck
- Jemima Rooper as Jenny Krase
- David Oyelowo as Payne
- Wilfried Hochholdinger as Dr. Lucas
- Alvin Van Der Kuech as Young Technician
- casting by Anja Dihrberg, Jessica Horáthová, Sue Jones
- cinematography by Peter Hyams
- edited by Sylvie Landra
- music by Nick Glennie-Smith
- costume design by Sakina Msa & Esther Walz
- set decoration by Richard Roberts
- genres: Science Fiction, Adventure Film, Thriller, Action Film, Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction, Time travel
- subject: Time travel
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (9 years ago)
- official website: www.wbshop.com/product/code/1000001276.do
"A Sound of Thunder" is a science fiction short story by Ray Bradbury, first published in Collier's magazine in the June 28, 1952 issue and Playboy in June 1956. As of 1984 it was the most re-published science fiction story up to the present time. It is based on the idea of the butterfly effect.
- also known as Un coup de tonnerre
- language: English Language
- released in (63 years ago)
"A Sound of Thunder" is an action-adventure survival horror for the Game Boy Advance. The game was developed by former Mobius Entertainment and published by BAM! Entertainment, Inc and Franchise Interactive. It was released first in Europe on February 28, 2004 before arriving in North America on February 1, 2005. The story is based loosely both on the original short story by Ray Bradbury of the same name and follows more closely the plot of the 2005 movie. The game was originally also planned for home sixth generation game consoles, including Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo GameCube and the Sony PlayStation 2, but these were canceled as of December 2006.
- developer: Rockstar Leeds
- genres: Action-adventure game, Survival horror, Action game
- publisher: BAM! Entertainment
- released on (10 years ago)
"A Sound of Thunder" is a musical EP of A Sound of Thunder.
- released in (6 years ago)
A Sound of Thunder is a female fronted American heavy metal band from the Washington DC metro area. This four piece band is known for its varying styles of musical composition, powerful female vocals, and energetic live shows.
- genres: Heavy metal, Hard rock, Power metal
- albums: "Out of the Darkness", "Queen Of Hell", "Time's Arrow", "The Lesser Key of Solomon"
- official website: www.asoundofthunderband.com
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A Sound of Thunder
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
the masterpieces of the standard writers of all nations and all time by Ainsworth Rand Spofford, Charles Gibbon
A sound of thunder was heard underground, and immediately afterwards a violent shock threw down the greater part of that city. In the course of about six minutes, sixty thousand persons perished. The sea first retired and laid the bar dry ; it ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Sound of Thunder
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A Sound of Thunder
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Sound of Thunder to see it in context!