A Tale of the Wind
On this page:
"A Tale of the Wind" is a 1988 French film directed by Joris Ivens and Marceline Loridan. It is also known as A Wind Story. It stars Ivens as he travels in China and tries to capture winds on film, while he reflects on his life and career. The film blends real and fictional elements; it ranges from documentary footage to fantastical dream sequences and Peking opera. It was Ivens' last film.
- also known as The Story of the Wind, Une histoire de vent
- countries: West Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands, France
- languages: French, Mandarin Chinese
- directors: Joris Ivens & Marceline Loridan Ivens
- producer: Marceline Loridan Ivens
- written by Joris Ivens & Marceline Loridan Ivens
- cinematography by Thierry Arbogast & Jacques Loiseleux
- edited by Genevieve Louveau
- music by Michel Portal
- genre: Documentary film
- released on (27 years ago)
- award: - European Film Awards - Special Achievement, received by Joris Ivens & Marceline Loridan Ivens
"A Tale of the Wind" is a book written by Kay Nolte Smith.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1991
- award: - Prometheus Award for Best Novel nomination for Kay Nolte Smith
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A Tale of the Wind
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ian Aitken
Une histoire de vent/A Tale of the Wind 434 UNE (União Nacional dos Estudantes) 185 Unemployed, The/ Nezaposleni ljudi 1023 UNESCO ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Tale of the Wind
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A Tale of the Wind for some fun with words!