A Terrible Beauty
On this page:
- "A Terrible Beauty" is a 1960 drama film, directed by Tay Garnett and starring Robert Mitchum and Richard Harris. It was adapted from a 1958 novel of the same name, written by Arthur Roth. It was an international co-production between the United Kingdom and Robert Mitchum's production company DRM.
- "A Terrible Beauty" is a historical documentary drama film directed by Keith Farrell.
- country: Republic of Ireland
- language: English Language
- genres: Historical Documentaries, Drama, War film
- released on
- "A Terrible Beauty" is a book by Graham Masterton.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 2003
- "A terrible beauty" is a book by Martin Marix Evans.
- "A terrible beauty" is a book by Carmel Jordan.
- also known as "A terrible beauty: the Easter Rebellion and Yeasts's "great tapestry""
- "A Terrible Beauty" is the first, and so far only, release from UK band The Uncle Devil Show. It was released on P3 Music in 2004.
- genre: Pop music
- released in (11 years ago)
- "A Terrible Beauty" is a musical album of Jeff Pitcher.
- released in (14 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Terrible Beauty
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Elizabeth Webber, Mike Feinsilber
The term in use, by Christopher Wintle in the Times Literary Supplement, October 5-11, 1990: Although it deploys a language reduced to a rubble of scatological shards, it never finds a terrible beauty within its vernacular, but remains rawly ...
The Anti-Dictionary (2002)
A Selected List of Words Being Forced from the Modern Lexicon by Michael Cromwell
There is also a terrible beauty in a violent natural occurrence such as a hurricane . Nature itself defies man's will and always will, no matter how we seem to bring about its destruction. It will always beguile us and remind us that we have to ...
by Don D'Ammassa
A Terrible Beauty (2003) also explains much of its mystery in rational terms, ...
Fourth Edition by Stephen Cushman, Clare Cavanagh, Jahan Ramazani, Paul Rouzer
Arts and Black Power movements: the bloody footlights cup the dark where red and black are beautiful a terrible beauty a terrible beauty a terrible beauty a horn And this brass heartbeat this red sob this this John Coltrane Col trane song.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Terrible Beauty
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Terrible Beauty to see it in context!