A Thing Called Love
On this page:
- "A Thing Called Love" is the 39th overall album by country singer Johnny Cash, released on Columbia Records in 1972. The title song, written by Jerry Reed, was released successfully as a single, reaching No. 2 on the country charts; two more singles charted as well, while the album itself also reached No. 2 on the country album charts. "A Thing Called Love" was re-recorded by Cash for Classic Cash: Hall of Fame Series, while "Tear Stained Letter" was reprised on American IV: The Man Comes Around. A note about the song "Kate": the Canadian pressing of the album contains a completely different version of this song. Even the lyrics are different.
- "A Thing Called Love" is a song written and originally recorded by Jerry Reed in 1968. This song has been recorded by many artists, including Jimmy Dean, Elvis Presley and Dave Dudley. In 1971, the song was recorded by Johnny Cash and it became a #1 hit in Canada. The record was Cash's biggest hit in Europe, charting in Ireland, United Kingdom and Netherlands.
- music and lyrics by Jerry Reed
- "A Thing Called Love" is a composition.
- "A Thing Called Love" is a musical single of Robert Owens & Mr. C.
- also known as A Thing Called Love Remixes
- released on (16 years ago)
A Thing Called Love is a TV program, begun in (11 years ago).
- country: United Kingdom
- regular cast:
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A Thing Called Love
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by W. K. McNeil
A Thing Called Love (1973, Vista); Live (1973, Impact); ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Thing Called Love
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Thing Called Love
Don't forget about a thing called love
Photo credit: jfingas
Quotes about A Thing Called Love
We have gone through some difficult times like everyone else and perhaps our working together and respecting each other's abilities, in addition to that little thing called love, helped us survive. (Cynthia Weil)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Thing Called Love to see it in context!