A Thousand And One Nights
On this page:
- "A Thousand and One Nights" is a tongue-in-cheek Technicolor fantasy film set in the Baghdad of the One Thousand and One Nights, starring Cornel Wilde as Aladdin, Evelyn Keyes as the genie of the magic lamp, Phil Silvers as Aladdin's larcenous sidekick, and Adele Jergens as the princess Aladdin loves.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Alfred E. Green
- producer: Samuel Bischoff
- art direction by Stephen Goosson & Rudolph Sternad
- cinematography by Ray Rennahan
- costume design by Jean Louis
- set decoration by Frank Tuttle
- locations: Agua Dulce, Vasquez Rocks
- genres: Adventure Film, Comedy
- released on (69 years ago)
- "A Thousand and One Nights" is a 1969 anime feature film directed by Eiichi Yamamoto, conceived by Osamu Tezuka. The film is part of Mushi Production's Animerama, a series of films aimed at an adult audience.
- "A Thousand and One Nights": Las mil y una noches is a 1958 Mexican film. It was produced by Fernando de Fuentes.
- also known as The Thousand and One Nights, Las mil y una noches
- country: Mexico
- language: Spanish Language
- director: Fernando Cortés
- producers: Fernando de Fuentes, Gonzalo Elvira, Ramon Pereda
- production design by Javier Torres Torija
- based on a story by María Luisa Algarra, Josefina Vicens, Fernando de Fuentes
- cinematography by Jack Draper
- edited by Carlos Savage
- music by Manuel Esperón
- set decoration by Raúl Serrano
- genres: Fantasy, Comedy
- released on (56 years ago)
- "A Thousand and One Nights" is 1964 film directed by Hassan Al Imam.
- also known as Elf laila wa laila
- starring: Farid Shawqi
- released in (51 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Thousand And One Nights
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Amrita Sharma
A Thousand and One Nights are the most famous of folk tales. FORESHADOWING An early indication, a prior suggestion of forthcoming doom or catastrophe through some incident or statement. Foreshadowing provides a hint early in the play ...
by Richard B. Armstrong, Mary Willems Armstrong
A Thousand and One Nights (1945); Where ...
by Don Rubin (Series Editor)
Alf- Leila Wa Leila Fi Sook Al—Lahameen (A Thousand and One Nights in the Meat Market, 1981— 2, the title of which was changed by the censors from the origi— nal A Thousand ...
by Cowley Lecturer in Post-Biblical Hebrew Fellow in Modern Hebrew Literature Oxford Center for Postgraduate Hebrew Studies Glenda Abramson, Glenda Abramson
The interaction between ArabMuslim and Jewish popular culture was not onesided and, for example, Jewish influence was also found in the stories of Alf Layla wa-Layla (A Thousand and One Nights), forty of them being identified as of Jewish ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Thousand And One Nights
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: