A Throw of Dice
On this page:
"A Throw of Dice" is a 1929 silent film by German-born director, Franz Osten, based on an episode from the Indian epic The Mahabharata.
- also known as Prapancha Pash, Throw of the Dice, A Throw of Dice Romance of India, Destiny Cube, Sunita
- countries: India, United Kingdom, Germany
- language: English Language
- producers: Nadine Luque, Tim Pearce, Domenico Procacci & Himanshu Rai
- art direction by Promode Nath
- written by W.A. Burton & Max Jungk
- based on a story by Niranjan Pal
- cinematography by Emil Schoenemann
- music by Nitin Sawhney, Willy Schmidt-Gentner
- genres: Silent film, Adventure Film, Romance Film, Drama
- released on (85 years ago)
- official website: www.throwofdice.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Throw of Dice
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Accompanied by a Reversed Dictionary, English and Hindustani by Duncan Forbes
a die, a throw of dice. s. e'": UTHTU pāshān, m. a stone. s. $44'e": "THINet pāshān-bhedi, m. a plant (Plectanthus scutellaroides). s. .*&c_i \, WTVT-Tă pâsh-baddha,noosed, snared, caught, bound. s. [vered. d. C:\Us' ...
¬A New Hindustani-English Dictionary, with Illustrations from Hindustani Literature and Folk-Lore (1876)
by Samuel W. Fallon
dice; a throw of dice; the oblong dice with which chausar is played. - pāsā parmá, v. n. To be thrown (dice). 2. To be lucky in throwing. [fool wins too. 1. Pāsā pare, andrijite. Prov. Throw the dice, the 2. Pāsā pare so dao, rajá kare so ...
Intended to Exhibi ... : in Two Volumes by Noah Webster
A throw of dice; hence, a state of chance or hazard. Ex. xxv. 24.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Throw of Dice
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A Throw of Dice for some fun with words!