A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
On this page:
"A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a 1945 film, the first film directed by Greek-American director Elia Kazan, starring James Dunn, Dorothy McGuire, Joan Blondell, and Peggy Ann Garner.
- also known as Ein Baum wächst in Brooklyn
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Louis D. Lighton
- art direction by Lyle R. Wheeler
- written by Betty Smith, Tess Slesinger, Frank Davis
- based on "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith
- cinematography by Leon Shamroy
- edited by Dorothy Spencer
- music by Jerry Goldsmith, Alfred Newman
- set decoration by Thomas Little
- locations: Brooklyn, New York City
- genre: Drama
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (69 years ago)
"A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a 1943 novel written by Betty Smith. The story focuses on an impoverished but aspirational third-generation-American adolescent girl and her ethnically-blended family in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York City during the first two decades of the 20th century. The book was an immense success.
- also known as "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (HarperCollins Reader's Guide)"; "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (P.S.)"; "A tree grows in Brooklyn, a novel"
- language: English Language
- Mary Frances "Francie" Nolan
- Katie Rommely Nolan
- Sissy Rommely
- Johnny Nolan
- Cornelius "Neeley" Nolan
- genre: Fiction
- subjects: Classics, Literary
- released in (72 years ago)
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a 1951 theater production of the play by Betty Smith and George Abbott.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a 2011 theater production of the play by George Abbott and Betty Smith.
- award: - Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Revival of a Musical
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Genealogy of the Poor Woman in American Literature, Photography and Culture by Vivyan Campbell Adair
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is the story of the Nolan family, a young Irish American mother, father, son and daughter who honorably and steadfastly fight against the destructive forces or urban poverty in Brooklyn. The book's prose, like the story ...
by Hugh Rawson, Margaret Miner
—Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, 1943 9 ☆ The ailanthus tree has many negative features: seeds that scatter in profusion, weak limbs, and unpleasantly odiferous flowers. But it is an inner city survivor. The redwoods, once seen, leave ...
by Robert Beck
Robinson, Jane Eyre, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Robe, and Sergeant Rutledge. Marsh,. Marian. (¡9¡3– ) played opposite John Barrymore in Svengali and was the ingenue Jenny Townsend in Five Star Final, with Edward G. Robinson.
From Africanized Honey Bees to Zebra Mussels by Susan L. Woodward, Joyce A. Quinn
The book A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith in 1943, is based on Ailanthus. 5–15 minutes, before the plant seals off the area.
1930-2010 by James Fisher
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1945), The ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'A Tree Grows In Brooklyn"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn to learn how to say it correctly!