A View to a Kill
On this page:
"A View to a Kill" is the fourteenth spy film of the James Bond series, and the seventh and last to star Roger Moore as the fictional MI6 agent James Bond. Although the title is adapted from Ian Fleming's short story "From a View to a Kill", the film is the fourth Bond film after The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker and Octopussy to have an entirely original screenplay. In A View to a Kill, Bond is pitted against Max Zorin, who plans to destroy California's Silicon Valley.
- also known as Agente 007, bersaglio mobile; Ölüme bir bakis; 007: En la mira de los asesinos; Dangereusement vôtre; 007 - Na Mira dos Assassinos; 007: A View to a Kill; 007 En la mira de los asesinos; 007 - Alvo em Movimento; 007 ja kuoleman katse; Levande måltavla; Halálvágta; Od tarce do smrti; Panorama per matar; Perspectiva unei crime; En la mira de los asesinos; Pogled na ubistvo; James Bond, praktor 007 - Epiheirisi Kinoumenos stohos; James Bond 007 - Im Angesicht des Todes; The Beautiful Prey; Med døden i sikte; Zabójczy widok; Pogled na ubojstvo; From a View to a Kill; Panorama para matar
- countries: United Kingdom, United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: John Glen
- producers: Albert R. Broccoli & Michael G. Wilson
- production design by Peter Lamont
- art direction by John Fenner
- written by Michael G. Wilson & Richard Maibaum
- based on a story by Ian Fleming
- Roger Moore as James Bond
- Tanya Roberts as Stacey Sutton
- Christopher Walken as Max Zorin
- Grace Jones as May Day
- David Yip as Chuck Lee
- Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny
- Patrick Macnee as Sir Godfrey Tibbett
- Maud Adams as Woman in Fisherman's Wharf Crowd
- Robert Brown as M
- Alison Doody as Jenny Flex
- Mary Stävin as Kimberley Jones
- Papillon Soo Soo as Pan Ho
- Fiona Fullerton as Pola Ivanova
- Sian Adey-Jones as Girl #1
- Dominique Risbourg as Butterfly Act Compere
- Patrick Bauchau as Scarpine
- Carole Ashby as Whistling Girl
- Dolph Lundgren as Venz
- Walter Gotell as General Gogol
- Desmond Llewelyn as Q
- Willoughby Gray as Dr. Carl Mortner
- Manning Redwood as Bob Conley
- Geoffrey Keen as Sir Frederick Gray
- Jean Rougerie as Achille Aubergine
- Daniel Benzali as Howe
- Mr. Lee Grant as Klotkoff
- Anthony Chinn as Taiwanese Tycoon
- Lucien Jérôme as Paris Taxi Driver
- Joe Flood as U.S. Police Captain
- Gérard Buhr as Auctioneer
- Tony Sibbald as Mine Foreman
- Bill Ackridge as O'Rourke
- Ron Tarr as Guard I
- Taylor McAuley as Guard II
- Peter Ensor as Tycoon
- Seva Novgorodsev as Helicopter Pilot
- Caroline Hallett as Girl #2
- Nike Clark as Girl #3
- Paula Thomas as Girl #4
- Gloria Douse as Girl #5
- Lou-Anne Ronchi as Girl #6
- Elke Ritschel as Girl #7
- Mayako Torigai as Girl #8
- Derek Lyons as Main Stike Mine Crew
- Michael G. Wilson as Man Heard Over Loudspeaker at San Francisco City Hall
- Steven Zax as Man in Fisherman's Wharf Crowd
- Suzanne Saunders as KGO 7 Reporter
- Tim Condren as Thug at Stacey's House #1
- Doug Robinson as Thug at Stacey's House #2
- Clive Curtis as Salesman at Eiffel Tower
- casting by Debbie McWilliams
- cinematography by Alan Hume
- edited by Peter Davies
- music by John Barry
- costume design by Emma Porteus
- set decoration by Crispian Sallis
- locations: Silicon Valley, Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, Transamerica Pyramid, Oakland
- genres: Action Film, Action/Adventure, Thriller, Action Thriller, Crime Fiction
- Has James Bond finally met his match?
- Adventure Above And Beyond All Other Bonds
- Sinister Adversary. Deadly Beauty.
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (30 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Razzie Award for Worst Actress nomination for Tanya Roberts
- Satellite Award for Best Classic DVD (For "The James Bond DVD Collection", volumes 2 & 3.)
- official website: www.mgm.com/results/view%20to%20a%20kill#/our-titles/2101/A-View-to-a-Kill
- "A View To A Kill" is a video game.
- also known as A View to a Kill: The Computer Game
- developer: Softstone Ltd
- genres: Action game, Adventure game
- publisher: Domark Software
- released in (30 years ago)
- "A View to a Kill" is the name of two separate computer games released in 1985 based on the James Bond film A View to a Kill. The first, an action game titled A View to a Kill, was published by Domark. It was available for the ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Oric 1 and Oric Atmos, and MSX. The second, titled James Bond 007: A View to a Kill was a text-based video game for DOS, Macintosh and Apple II computers. It was developed by Angelsoft, Inc. and published by Mindscape Inc.
- "A View to a Kill" is the thirteenth single by Duran Duran, released in 6 May 1985 and created for the James Bond movie A View to a Kill. It was a stand-alone single, and remains the only James Bond theme song to have reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100; it also made it to number 2 for three weeks on the UK Singles Chart.
- also known as View To A Kill, A View to a Kill (End Titles), A View to a Kill (Main Titles)
- music by Simon Le Bon, John Barry, Nick Rhodes, Andrew Taylor, Nigel John Taylor, Roger Taylor, Duran Duran
- award: - Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song (A View To a Kill) nomination for Andrew Taylor, Roger Taylor, Nick Rhodes, Nigel John Taylor, John Barry & Simon Le Bon
- "A View to a Kill" is the soundtrack for the film of the same name, the 14th installment in the James Bond film series.
- "A View to a Kill" is the thirteenth single by pop rock band Duran Duran, released in May 1985 and created for the James Bond movie A View to a Kill. It was a stand-alone single, and remains the only James Bond theme song to have reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- released in (30 years ago)
- "A View to a Kill" is a musical album of Shadz of Lingo.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A View to a Kill
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Kenneth Muir
Tanya Roberts (A View to a Kill [ 1985]) made for a particularly vapid (if athletic) ver- sion of the jungle heroine, who, ...
Fourth edition by Brian McFarlane
A View to a Kill (1985), The Living Daylights ...
Encyclopedia of Tourism (2002)
by Jafar Jafari
examples of French Renaissance architecture in America, but also for its associations with the Dirty Har/j/ character portrayed by Clint Eastwood and the 1985 James Bond film A View to a Kill The London Film Commission has indicated that ...
by Richard B. Armstrong, Mary Willems Armstrong
A View to a Kill— Tanya Roberts (Stacey Sutton); The Living Daylights—Maryam D'Abo (Kara Milovy); License to Kill—Carey Lowell ( Pam ...
by Marty McGee
A View to a Kill (¡985, SR); Lionheart (¡987, SR); The Living Daylights (¡ 987, ...
by David Thomson
A View to a Kill (85, Glen); The Living Daylights (87. Glen); Licence to Kill (89.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A View to a Kill
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A View to a Kill
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about A View to a Kill
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'A View to a Kill"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A View to a Kill to see it in context!