A Walk in the Sun
On this page:
- "A Walk in the Sun" is a World War II war film released in 1945, based on the novel by Harry Brown, who was a writer for Yank, the Army Weekly based in England. The book was serialized in Liberty Magazine in October 1944.
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Italian Language
- director: Lewis Milestone
- producer: Lewis Milestone
- written by Robert Rossen
- based on "A Walk in the Sun" by Harry Brown
- Richard Conte as Pvt. Rivera
- Dana Andrews as Sgt. Bill Tyne
- George Tyne as Pvt. Jake Friedman
- Lloyd Bridges as Sgt. Ward
- Norman Lloyd as Pvt. Archimbeau
- John Ireland as Pfc. Windy Craven
- Herbert Rudley as Sgt. Eddie Porter
- Richard Benedict as Pvt. Tranella
- Sterling Holloway as McWilliams
- Huntz Hall as Pvt. Carraway
- cinematography by Russell Harlan
- edited by W. Duncan Mansfield
- music by Earl Robinson, Fred Rich
- location: 20th Century Fox Movie Ranch
- genres: War film, Historical period drama, Action Film, Drama
- subject: World War II
- released on (70 years ago)
- award: - BAFTA Award for Best Film nomination for Lewis Milestone
- "A Walk in the Sun" is a 1978 Swedish drama film directed by Hans Dahlberg and starring Gösta Ekman, Inger Lise Rypdal and Margaretha Krook. At the 15th Guldbagge Awards, Sif Ruud won the award for Best Actress.
- countries: Greece, Sweden
- languages: Swedish Language, English Language
- producer: Bengt Forslund
- art direction by Mona Theresia Forsén
- written by Bibi Edlund
- based on a story by Stig Claesson
- Gösta Ekman as Tore
- Inger Lise Rypdal as Marion
- Sif Ruud as Siv
- Margaretha Krook as Ellen
- Irma Christenson as Vera
- Margaretha Byström as Ulla
- Kjerstin Dellert as Lady from Sala
- Mihalis Giannatos as Waiter
- Kenneth Haigh as George
- Ragnar Pelka Hansson as Swede
- Dimitris Ioakeimidis as Taxi driver
- Kostas Kastanas as Doctor
- Nikos Kouros as Optician
- Staffan Liljander as Erik
- Kimon Mouzenidis as Hairdresser
- Konstantina Savvidi as Grape woman
- Grigorios Siskos as Police Sergeant
- music by Rolf Lindblom
- genre: Drama
- released on (37 years ago)
- read more about A Walk in the Sun (film)
- "A Walk in the Sun" is a science fiction short story published in 1991 by Geoffrey A. Landis. It won the 1992 Hugo Award for Best Short Story, the 1992 Asimov's Reader Poll Award and was nominated for the 1992 Locus Award.
- also known as "A Walk in the Sun (Great Science Fiction Stories)"
- language: English Language
- released in (24 years ago)
- "A Walk in the Sun" is a novel by Harry Brown.
- "A walk in the sun" is a book by Philip Callahan.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Walk in the Sun
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Theaters of War (2009)
America’s Perceptions of World War II by V. Casaregola
A Walk in the Sun is a moving film about the experience of ordinary soldiers. Despite the annoying folksong score, Milestone still provides an insightful depiction of World War II ground combat. The film is an exceptionally strong character study ...
World War II Movies (2010)
by Philip Martin McCaulay
A Walk in the Sun is a war film released in 1945 (reissued by Realart Pictures in 1951 as Salerno Beachhead), based on the novel by Harry Brown who was a writer for Yank magazine based in England. It was directed by Lewis Milestone and ...
by T.J. Carty
Harry Brown (A Walk in the Sun; A Sound of Hunting) McNALLY, Leonard [1752–1820, Irish barrister, dramatist and government agent – wrote the song Lass of Richmond Hill) A Barrister of the Inner Temple (Acts Passed in ...
by Peter Karsten
Joe, A Walk in the Sun (1945), and They Were Expendable (1945) did poorly at the box office despite critical acclaim. Postwar films explored the psychological ramifications of war, created an ideal image ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Walk in the Sun
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Walk in the Sun
Click on an item to view that photo:
- A Walk in the Sun
Photo credit: The Los Angeles Recordings
- A Walk in the Sun
Photo credit: neepster
- A walk in the sun
In this part of the world, you forget how beautiful your surroundings are, and then the sun comes out.
Photo credit: Dale Simonson
- A Walk in the Sun
A couple walk across Blackheath not long before sunset.
Photo credit: garryknight
- Out a walk in the sun!!
Photo credit: TheTechDave
Quotes about A Walk in the Sun
He that has a head of wax must not walk in the sun.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Walk in the Sun to see it in context!