A Woman Scorned
On this page:
- "A Woman Scorned" is a 1999 short thriller movie released in 1999 starring Marcia Johnson. The plot focuses on a woman's intent to terrorise the family of a rival businessman of her late husband. She is employed by the family after they advertise for a private tutor for their son. After making sexual advance on him, she then turns her attention to the rest of the household. Directed by Treva Etienne.
- "A Woman Scorned" is a 1911 American short silent drama film directed by D. W. Griffith and starring Blanche Sweet.
- "A Woman Scorned" a.k.a. "A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story" is a 1992 film directed by Dick Lowry.
- read more about A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story
- "A Woman Scorned" is a 1915 American silent short drama film written and directed by William Desmond Taylor. The film stars Robyn Adair, Bessie Banks, Nan Christy, Beatrice Van, and Harry Van Meter.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Silent film, Indie film, Black-and-white
- released on (100 years ago)
- "A Woman Scorned" is a film, directed by Dyanna Lauren.
- "A Woman Scorned" is a film, directed by Mitchell Spinelli.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Woman Scorned
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Murder Freshly Baked (2015)
by Vannetta Chapman
A woman scorned is a force to be ...
by Julia Cresswell
The saying hell hath no fury like a woman scorned is a near quotation from a 1697 play by William Congreve: 'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.' The dramatist Colley Cibber had used very ...
by Martin H. Manser
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ors, and drunken men; and whatever answers to Heaven in the academical sys- tem protects freshmen” (Thomas Hughes, Tom Brown at Oxford, 1861). The quotation is the first recorded use of the ...
by Jennifer Speake
HELL hath no fury like a woman scorned In classical mythology the Furies were avenging deities, fearful goddesses from Tartarus who avenged wrong and punished crime. Fury in the sense of frenzied rage' may also be intended, esp. in more ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned proverbial saying, late 17th century, meaning that a woman whose love has turned to hate is the most savage of creatures; a fury here may be either one of the avenging deities of classical mythology, ...
The Dimwit's Dictionary (2002)
5,000 Overused Words and Phrases and Alternatives to Them by Robert Hartwell Fiske
hell has no fury like (a woman scorned) An insipid simile (See page 19). hell on earth A moribund ...
The Dictionary of Clichs (2013)
A Word Lover's Guide to 4,000 Overused Phrases and Almost-Pleasing Platitudes by Christine Ammer
hell has no fury like a woman scorned Beware the anger of a woman rejected in love.The term is an ...
by Wolfgang Mieder, Stewart A. Kingsbury, Kelsie B. Harder
HELL knows no wrath like a woman scorned. The HELL of women is old age. / A HOUSE. without woman and firelight is like a body without soul or spirit. / HOUSE goes mad when women gad. / NO HOUSE was ever big enough for two women ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
the sheep DANGER woman For most of history, Anonymous was a woman WRITING Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned WOMEN Silence is a woman's best garment WOMEN whistling woman and a crowing hen WOMEN woman, a dog, ...
by John Ayto
woman hell hath no fury like a woman scorned: see HELL. make an ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Woman Scorned
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Woman Scorned
A Woman Scorned
From the series at paulbraverman.com.
Photo credit: Paul Braverman
Quotes about A Woman Scorned
Anagrams of A WOMAN SCORNED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A Woman Scorned!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Woman Scorned to see it in context!