A Woman of No Importance
On this page:
"A Woman of No Importance" is a play by Irish playwright Oscar Wilde. The play premièred on 19 April 1893 at London's Haymarket Theatre. Like Wilde's other society plays, it satirizes English upper class society. It has been performed on stages in Europe and North America since his death in 1900.
- also known as "A woman of no importance: a play", Frau ohne Bedeutung
- "A Woman of No Importance" is a 1921 British drama film directed by Denison Clift. It is based on the play A Woman of No Importance by Oscar Wilde.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- written by Arthur Q. Walton
- based on a story by Oscar Wilde
- Fay Compton as Rachel Arbuthnot
- Milton Rosmer as Lord Illingworth
- Ward McAllister as Gerald Arbuthnot
- Lillian Walker as Hester Hasley
- Henry Vibart as Farquhar
- Gwen Carton as Elsie Farquhar
- M. Gray Murray as Sir Thomas
- Hedda Bartlett as Lady Cecilia
- Daisy Campbell as Lady Hunstanton
- Julie Hartley-Milburn as Lady Rofford
- genres: Silent film, Drama
- released in (94 years ago)
- "A Woman of No Importance" is a 1945 Argentine comedy drama film directed by Luis Bayón Herrera and starring Mecha Ortiz, Santiago Gómez Cou, Golde Flami. The film is based on Oscar Wilde's 1894 play A Woman of No Importance with the action moved from London to Córdoba in central Argentina.
- "A Woman of No Importance" is a film.
- country: United States of America
- genres: Romance Film, Comedy
- A Woman of No Importance is a 1998 theater production of the play by Oscar Wilde.
- award: - Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Costume Design, Resident Production nomination for Robert Perdziola
- A Woman of No Importance is a 1991 is a theatrical production of the play by Oscar Wilde.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Woman of No Importance
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Gradus, A-Z by Bernard Marie Dupriez
Wilde, A Woman of No Importance, act 1). Ex ( negative injunctions to a young actor): Tvlever underestimate the audience, never ...
was followed by similar plays — A Woman of No Importance (produced in London in 1893, and published in 1894), The Ideal Husband and The Importance of ...
by Paul Poplawski
A Woman of No Importance (1893), An Ideal Husband (1895), and what is ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Woman of No Importance
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: