A World Apart
is an acrostic for awa.
On this page:
"A World Apart" is a 1988 anti-Apartheid drama, written by Shawn Slovo and directed by Chris Menges. It is based on the lives of Slovo's parents, Ruth First and Joe Slovo. The film was a co-production between companies from the UK and Zimbabwe, where the movie was filmed. It features Hans Zimmer's first non-collaborative film score.
- countries: United Kingdom, Zimbabwe, United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Sarah Radclyffe
- written by Shawn Slovo
- cinematography by Peter Biziou
- edited by Nicolas Gaster
- music by Hans Zimmer
- costume design by Nic Ede
- genres: Indie film, Political drama, Docudrama, Drama
- tagline: South Africa, 1963. A mother's love. A family's courage.
- rating: PG (USA)
- released in (27 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actress nomination for Barbara Hershey
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Director nomination for Chris Menges
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Shawn Slovo
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Film
- New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Director, received by Chris Menges
- Cannes Best Actress Award, received by Barbara Hershey, Jodhi May, Linda Mvusi
- BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role nomination for David Suchet
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Foreign Film (Country: Iran) nomination for Chris Menges & Sarah Radclyffe
- BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay nomination for Shawn Slovo
- BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay, received by Shawn Slovo
- "A world apart" is a book by Tzvi Rabinowicz.
- also known as "A world apart: the story of the Chasidim in Britain"
- "A world apart" is a book by Shawn Slovo.
- "A world apart" is a book by Joseph Margoshes.
- also known as "A world apart: a memoir of Jewish life in nineteenth century Galicia"
- "A World Apart" is a 1988 soundtrack album by Hans Zimmer.
- also known as A World Apart Soundtrack
- released in (27 years ago)
- "A World Apart" is a musical album of The Crowd.
- released in (34 years ago)
A World Apart is an American daytime drama which ran from March 30, 1970 to June 25, 1971 on the ABC television network.
- begun on and completed on (43 years ago)
- 325 episodes of 30 minutes each
- country: United States of America
- regular cast:
- genre: Soap opera
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A World Apart
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by W. Rubinstein, Michael A. Jolles
Rabinowicz, A World Apart = Harry Rabinowicz, A World Apart: The Story of the Chasidim in Britain ( 1997) ...
Encyclopedia of the Stateless Nations: Ethnic and National Groups Around the World A-Z [4 Volumes] (2002)
by James B. Minahan
Bermuda: A World Apart. 1996.
by Arthur Cotterell
A world apart, the ...
Fourth edition by Brian McFarlane
jury prize: A World Apart (UK/Zimb) (Chris Menges) (British Screen/Palace Pictures/Working Title/ Atlantic Ent. Prod: Sarah Radclyffe) actress: Barbara Hershey, A World Apart (shared award) actress: Jodhi May, A World Apart ( shared award) ...
Dr Reid reclaimed against Berkeley and Hume, by appealing to Common Sense, or Unreasoning Instinct, as a sufficient foundation for our belief in the existence of a world apart from our own minds. Sir W. Hamilton has expounded the same ...
Volume 16: Sports and Recreation by Harvey H. Jackson III
Each June in South Carolina, two celebrations, only 80 miles apart in distance but a world apart in content, demonstrate southern traditions. While thousands gather in Charleston for Spoleto Festival with its outpouring of fine arts, thousands of ...
Being a Reprint Entire of the Last Edinburgh and London Edition of Chambers's Encyclopaedia. A Library of Universal Knowledge for the People. With Very Large Additions Upon Topics of Special Interest to American Readers; and Giving American Statistics of Population Down to the Census of 1880
Dr Reíd reclaimed against Berkeley and H unie, by appealing to Common Sense, or Unreasoning Instinct, as a sufficient foundation for our belief in the existence of a world apart from our own minds. Sir W. Hamilton has expounded the sanie ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A World Apart
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A World Apart
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about A World Apart
29: The Linguist by Steve Kaufmann - A Language Adventure - A World Apart
See also the pronunciation examples of A World Apart!
Quotes about A World Apart
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A World Apart to see it in context!