A World Apart
is an acrostic for awa.
On this page:
"A World Apart" is a 1988 anti-Apartheid drama, written by Shawn Slovo and directed by Chris Menges. It is based on the lives of Slovo's parents, Ruth First and Joe Slovo. The film was a co-production between companies from the UK and Zimbabwe, where the movie was filmed. It features Hans Zimmer's first non-collaborative film score.
- countries: United Kingdom, Zimbabwe, United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Sarah Radclyffe
- written by Shawn Slovo
- cinematography by Peter Biziou
- edited by Nicolas Gaster
- music by Hans Zimmer
- costume design by Nic Ede
- genres: Indie film, Political drama, Docudrama, Drama
- tagline: South Africa, 1963. A mother's love. A family's courage.
- rating: PG (USA)
- released in (27 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actress nomination for Barbara Hershey
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Director nomination for Chris Menges
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Shawn Slovo
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Film
- New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Director, received by Chris Menges
- Cannes Best Actress Award, received by Barbara Hershey, Jodhi May, Linda Mvusi
- BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role nomination for David Suchet
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Foreign Film (Country: Iran) nomination for Chris Menges & Sarah Radclyffe
- BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay nomination for Shawn Slovo
- BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay, received by Shawn Slovo
- "A world apart" is a book by Tzvi Rabinowicz.
- also known as "A world apart: the story of the Chasidim in Britain"
- "A world apart" is a book by Shawn Slovo.
- "A world apart" is a book by Joseph Margoshes.
- also known as "A world apart: a memoir of Jewish life in nineteenth century Galicia"
- "A World Apart" is a 1988 soundtrack album by Hans Zimmer.
- also known as A World Apart Soundtrack
- released in (27 years ago)
- "A World Apart" is a musical album of The Crowd.
- released in (34 years ago)
A World Apart is an American daytime drama which ran from March 30, 1970 to June 25, 1971 on the ABC television network.
- begun on and completed on (43 years ago)
- 325 episodes of 30 minutes each
- country: United States of America
- regular cast:
- genre: Soap opera
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A World Apart
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William D. Rubinstein, Michael Jolles, Hilary L. Rubinstein
Rabinowicz, A World Apart. SCHONFELD, YEHUDA CHAIM (YIDDEL) (1892–1967), Chasidic rabbi, known as the Kielcer Rebbe. Born of ...
by Arthur Cotterell
A world apart, the ...
Encyclopedia of the Stateless Nations: Ethnic and National Groups Around the World A-Z [4 Volumes] (2002)
by James B. Minahan
Bermuda: A World Apart. 1996.
Volume 16: Sports and Recreation by Harvey H. Jackson III
Each June in South Carolina, two celebrations, only 80 miles apart in distance but a world apart in content, demonstrate southern traditions. While thousands gather in Charleston for Spoleto Festival with its outpouring of fine arts, thousands of ...
Dr Reid reclaimed against Berkeley and Hume, by appealing to Common Sense, or Unreasoning Instinct, as a sufficient foundation for our belief in the existence of a world apart from our own minds. Sir W. Hamilton has expounded the same ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
'The Intellectual Field: A World Apart' 40 Borrowed titles Borrowed titles 1 Across the river and.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A World Apart
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A World Apart
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about A World Apart
29: The Linguist by Steve Kaufmann - A Language Adventure - A World Apart
See also the pronunciation examples of A World Apart!
Quotes about A World Apart
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A World Apart to see it in context!