A Year in Provence
On this page:
"A Year in Provence" is a 1989 best-selling autobiographical novel by Peter Mayle about his first year in Provence, and the local events and customs. It was adapted into a television mini-series starring John Thaw and Lindsay Duncan. Reviewers praised the book's honest style, wit and its refreshing humour. The book was turned into an equally popular radio version.
- also known as "A Year in Provence (Ulverscroft Large Print Series)", "A Year in Provence (abridged)", "A Year in Provence (BBC Radio Collection)", Mein Jahr in Der Provence
- genres: Sociology, Autobiography, Biography, Travel
- subjects: History, Europe, France, Sociology
A Year in Provence is an award-winning tv program.
- begun in (22 years ago)
- country: United Kingdom
- regular cast:
- genres: Miniseries, Comedy, Drama
- award: - Eddie Award for Best Edited Episode from a Television Miniseries, received by Chris Wimble
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Year in Provence
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Seiwoong Oh
A Year in Provence (a memoir of pleasurable living in the French countryside), SANDRA TSING LOH tells a tale of downward mobility in a less-than-glamorous suburb of Los Angeles. A Year in Van Nuys is a fictionalized account of Loh's ...
by Frank R. Abate
Notable works: A Year in Provence (1990) and Under theTuscan Sun (1997). Mayo |mMP| ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Year in Provence
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Year in Provence
Ryan Miller reading from "A Year in Provence."
Ryan had some special help during his reading.
Photo courtesy Julie Frankel
Photo credit: Reading In Public