On this page:
Definition of the noun a-horizon
What does a-horizon mean as a name of something?
- the top layer of a soil profile; usually contains humus
- examples: Death is only a horizon, and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight. | Death is only a horizon. And a horizon is just the edge of our field of view.
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- alternative spelling: A horizon
- instance of: soil horizon = a layer in a soil profile
- substance: humus = partially decomposed organic matter
Printed books with definitions for A-horizon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Wetland Indicators (1999)
A Guide to Wetland Identification, Delineation, Classification, and Mapping by Ralph W. Tiner
Since the A-horizon is the layer with high organic matter content, the distribution of the various A-horizons now buried in the subsoil yields the characteristic irregular carbon content with depth. This carbon content can be measured in the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A-horizon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A-horizon
Lemon yellow clear horizon
On this Sunday morn
I think of you in Corazon
Happy not forlorn
The lemon yellow is my smile
That I bestow on you
The clear horizon are your eyes
May they shine with love to you (Harriet James)
more quotes about a-horizon...
Anagrams of A-HORIZON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A-horizon!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A-horizon to see it in context!