On this page:
Definition of the noun a-line
What does a-line mean as a name of something?
- women's clothing that has a fitted top and a flared skirt that is widest at the hemline
Alternative definition of the noun a-line
- Any article of clothing with the A-line silhouette.
Definition of the adjective a-line
What does a-line mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Having a silhouette that replicates the letter A by flaring out from the top, like a funnel, narrow and fitted at the neck and shoulders, skimming the hips and widening toward the bottom, with little or no shaping or seaming at the waist.
A-line a.k.a. East Corridor: The East Rail Line will be a commuter rail line in Denver and Aurora, Colorado. The East Corridor was the second line of FasTracks, which broke ground on August 26, 2010. It will be completed in 2016. The line is part of the Eagle P3 public-private partnership.
- also known as RTD East Corridor
- official website: www.eastcorridor.com
- A-line: An A-line skirt is a skirt that is fitted at the hips and gradually widens towards the hem, giving the impression of the shape of a capital letter A. The term is also used to describe dresses and coats with a similar shape.
- The A-Line is a planned rapid transit line running along James Street in downtown and Upper James Street on the escarpment in Hamilton, Ontario. It is part of Hamilton's proposed BLAST network, involving four other rapid transit corridors. It is identified by Metrolinx in its regional transportation plan The Big Move as a project to be completed by 2023.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A-line
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A-line
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about A-line
Video shows what A-line means. Having a silhouette that replicates the letter A by flaring out from the top, like a funnel, narrow and fitted at the neck and ...
See also the pronunciation examples of A-line!
Quotes about A-line
Anagrams of A-LINE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A-line!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A-line to see it in context!