On this page:
Definition of the noun a-list
What does a-list mean as a name of something?
- a list of names of specially favored people
Alternative definition of the noun a-list
- An informal list of people in any of several categories (but especially in the entertainment industry) who are most admired, desirable or bankable
"A-List" is a 2006 American comedy film starring Sally Kirkland, Damon Shalit, JoAnna Garcia, Peter Dobson, Sam Pancake, John Colton, Chris Moir, Daphne Zuniga and directed by Shira-Lee Shalit.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- subjects: Drama, Comedy
- released on (8 years ago)
"A-list" a.k.a. "A list" is a book by Edward Arber.
- also known as "A list, based on the registers of the Stationers' company, of 837 London publishers (who were by trade printers, engravers, booksellers, bookbinders, &c., &c.) between 1553 and 1640 A. D. Being a master key to English bibliography during a period in which almost all authorised books were printed in the metropolis"
"A-List" is a musical single of Sisqó.
A-List: The Conservative A-List or Priority List is a list of United Kingdom candidates drawn up by Conservative Central Office at the behest of David Cameron after his election as party leader in December 2005, aimed as a means of broadening the number of Conservative Members of Parliament, potential Peers of the Realm and MEPs from minority groups and women as well as other preferred candidates for candidature, where the preferred forums for selection are held at least two members from the list is put to every open primary. Where these are not held the A-list are recommended directly, particularly to the top target seats.
- also known as A List
Printed books with definitions for A-List
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jeffrey Durso-Finley, Lewis Stival
Overall, the A-List is the one that gets the most attention from the coaching staff and the one that has the most volatility. B-List players are prospects that are appealing to a college coach, but there's still something that holds that coach back ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A-List
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A-List
Photo credit: symmetry_mind
Video language resources about A-List
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of A-List!
Quotes about A-List
I printed a list of Irish names from the Internet and my husband, Dave, saw Finley on the list. I really liked it but didn't want to scare Dave off with my enthusiasm. So I used a little reverse psychology and let him think it was his idea. (Holly Marie Combs)
more quotes about a-list...
Anagrams of A-LIST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A-List!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A-List to see it in context!