A. Arnold Gillespie
On this page:
Who is A. Arnold Gillespie?
A. Arnold Gillespie: Albert Arnold Gillespie was an American cinema special effects artist.
- also known as Albert Arnold Gillespie, Arnold Gillespie, Buddy Gillespie, Buddy
- born on (116 years ago) in El Paso
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Columbia University
- profession: Film art director, set decorator
- parent of Thomas Gillespie
- died on (37 years ago) in Los Angeles
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Visual Effects - "The Wizard of Oz", with Douglas Shearer
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Visual Effects - "Boom Town", with Douglas Shearer
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Visual Effects - "Flight Command", with Douglas Shearer
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Visual Effects - "Torpedo Run", with Harold Humbrock
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Visual Effects - "Mutiny on the Bounty", with Milo B. Lory
- Academy Award for Best Technical Achievement (for the engineering of an improved Background Process Projection System), with Douglas Shearer
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A. Arnold Gillespie
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Constantine Santas, James M. Wilson, Maria Colavito, Djoymi Baker
Hugh Hunt costumes: Elizabeth Haffenden music: Miklós Rózsa sounD eDitor: Franklin Milton sPecial effects: A. Arnold Gillespie, Lee LeBlanc makeuP artist: Charles Parker cast: Judah Ben-Hur: Charlton Heston. Messala: Stephen Boyd.
by Robert Beck
Willis, Hugh Hunt; sound, Douglas Shearer; camera, Robert Surtees; special e›ects, Danny Hall, A. Arnold Gillespie; costumes, ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz PHOTOG: Harold Rosson SPCL-FX: A. Arnold Gillespie MUSIC: Harold Aden.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A. Arnold Gillespie
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A. Arnold Gillespie for some fun with words!