A. Bartlett Giamatti
On this page:
Who is A. Bartlett Giamatti?
A. Bartlett Giamatti: Angelo Bartlett "Bart" Giamatti was the president of Yale University and later the seventh Commissioner of Major League Baseball. Giamatti negotiated the agreement terminating the Pete Rose betting scandal by permitting Rose to voluntarily withdraw from the sport to avoid further punishment.
- also known as Angelo Bartlett "Bart" Giamatti, Angelo Bartlett Giamatti, Bart Giamatti
- born on (77 years ago) in Boston, child of Mary Claybaugh Walton and Valentine John Giamatti
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Agnosticism
- profession: Commissioner of baseball, teacher, author
- Marriage with Toni Marilyn Giamatti between and (29 years)
- parent of
- died on (26 years ago) in Oak Bluffs of cardiovascular disease, myocardial infarction
- buried in Grove Street Cemetery
- written works: "A Great and Glorious Game: Baseball Writings of A. Bartlett Giamatti", "Exile and change in Renaissance literature", "A free and ordered space", "The earthly paradise and the Renaissance epic", "The university and the public interest", "Play of Double Senses:SPENSER", "Take Time Paradise"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Humanities, US & Canada (English Literature)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A. Bartlett Giamatti
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by George B. Kirsch, Othello Harris, Claire Elaine Nolte
A. Bartlett Giamatti, A Free and Ordered Space: The Real ...
A Cyclopedic Reference to More Than 7,000 Words, Names, Phrases, and Slang Expressions that Define the Game, Its Heritage, Culture, and Variations by Paul Dickson
Bart Giamatti Award An annual award, named for 1989 Commissioner A. Bartlett Giamatti, given to the games model citizens. The first award in 1991 was given to Cal Ripken Jr.; ...
Supreme Court; A. Bartlett Giamatti , the ...
by Fred Metcalf
A. Bartlett Giamatti, 'The ...
An Encyclopedia by Steven A. Riess
A. Bartlett Giamatti served ten years as president of Yale University before becoming president of baseball«s National League.
by Robert L. Gale
Cohen, Poems; A. Bartlett Giamatti, The Earthly Paradise and the Renaissance Epic ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A. Bartlett Giamatti
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A. Bartlett Giamatti
Take Time for Paradise by A. Bartlett Giamatti
Acquired as part of LibraryThing's Early Review Program.
Photo credit: sillygwailo