A. E. Matthews (actor)
On this page:
Who is A. E. Matthews?
A. E. Matthews: Alfred Edward Matthews OBE, known as A. E. Matthews, was an English actor who played numerous character roles on the stage and in film for eight decades, and who became known for his acting longevity. Already middle-aged when silent films began production, he enjoyed increasing renown from World War II onwards as one of the British cinema's most famous crotchety, and sometimes rascally, old men.
- also known as Alfred Edward Matthews, Matty Matthews, A. E. Matthews OBE, Matty, A.E. Matthews
- born on (145 years ago) in Bridlington
- nationality: England
- profession: Actor
- died on (54 years ago) in Bushey
- "Man with a Million"
- "Who Goes There!"
- "Aunt Clara"
- played President of Tribunal in "The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp"
- "Quiet Wedding"
- "Skid Kids"
- "Escape to Danger"
- "Penny Princess"
- "Made in Heaven"
- "The Great Mr. Handel"
- "The Square"
- played Air Raid Warden in "Landfall"
- played Sir Robert Medleigh in "The Galloping Major"
- played Lord Lister in "The Chiltern Hundreds"
- played Sir George Gedney in "They Came to a City"
- played Minister for Economic Affairs in "William Comes to Town"
- played Sir Hector Gore-Blandish in "Inn for Trouble"
- "Happy Ever After"
- "The Lackey and the Lady"
- TV series: "The Sky Larks"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A. E. Matthews (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of A. E. MATTHEWS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A. E. Matthews!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A. E. Matthews to see it in context!