A. Edward Sutherland
is an acrostic for aes.
On this page:
Who is A. Edward Sutherland?
A. Edward Sutherland aka Eddie Sutherland was a film director and actor. Born Albert Edward Sutherland in London, he was from a theatrical family. His father, Al Sutherland, was a theatre manager and producer and his mother, Julie Ring, was a vaudeville performer. He was a nephew of both Blanche Ring and Thomas Meighan, who was married to another of his mother's sisters Frances Ring. Sutherland acted in 37 known films early in his career, beginning as a Keystone Cop in Tillie's Punctured Romance, which starred Charles Chaplin, Mabel Normand, and Marie Dressler.
- also known as Albert Edward Sutherland, Eddie Sutherland, Eddie, Sutherland Ring, Edward Sutherland, E. Sutherland
- born on (121 years ago) in London, child of Julie Ring and Al Sutherland
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Film director, actor, film producer, television producer, television director
- died on (42 years ago) in Palm Springs
- read more about A. Edward Sutherland (film director)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for A. Edward Sutherland
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Stanley Green
Film version: Allan Jones, Joe Penner, Martha Raye (RKO 1940, A. Edward Sutherland dir.). Brian, Donald, actor, dancer, ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
W: Martha Raye, Allan Jones, Rosemary Lane, Joe Penner, Irene Hervey, Charles Butterworth, Alan Mowbray D: A. Edward Sutherland SCR: Leonard Spigelgass, Charles Grayson & Paul Gerard Smith, from George Abbott's play PHOTOG: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A. Edward Sutherland
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: