A. R. Ammons (poet)
is an acrostic for ara.
On this page:
Who is A. R. Ammons?
A. R. Ammons: Archie Randolph Ammons was an American poet who won the annual National Book Award for Poetry in 1973 and 1993. He wrote about humanity's relationship to nature in alternately comic and solemn tones.
- also known as A.R. Ammons; Ammons, A.R.; Archie Randolph Ammons
- born on (88 years ago) in Whiteville
- ethnicity: White American
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Writer, poet, author, essayist
- died on (13 years ago) in Ithaca
- written works: "Collected Poems, 1951-1971", "Garbage", "Northfield poems", "A Coast of Trees", "The North Carolina poems", "Sumerian vistas", "Briefings", "Ommateum: With Doxology", "The snow poems", "Lake effect country", "Worldly hopes", "Expressions of sea level", "Tape for the turn of the year", "Selected poems, 1951-1977", "Highgate Road", "Sphere", "Diversifications", "Bosh and Flapdoodle", "Brink Road", "Corsons Inlet", "The really short poems of A.R. Ammons"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Guggenheim Fellowship for Creative Arts, US & Canada (Poetry)
- nominated to National Book Award for Poetry - "Collected Poems, 1951-1971"
- National Book Award for Poetry - "Collected Poems, 1951-1971"
- nominated to National Book Award for Poetry - "Sphere"
- Bollingen Prize
- National Book Critics Circle Award for Poetry - "A Coast of Trees"
- MacArthur Fellowship - "Poetry"
- nominated to National Book Award for Poetry - "A Coast of Trees"
- Lannan Literary Award for Poetry
- nominated to National Book Award for Poetry - "Garbage"
- National Book Award for Poetry - "Garbage"
- Robert Frost Medal
- Bobbitt National Prize for Poetry - "Garbage"
- Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize
- Wallace Stevens Award
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A. R. Ammons (poet)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of A. R. AMMONS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A. R. Ammons!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A. R. Ammons for some fun with words!