A. Street appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Peeking, I steer tsar of red Rumania: "grab a bargain; a murder for a street sign I keep."
On this page:
Who is A. Street?
A. Street: Arthur George Street, who wrote under the name of A. G. Street, was an English farmer, writer and broadcaster. His books were published by the literary publishing house of Faber and Faber. His best-known book was Farmer's Glory, describing his time in Canada and how he returned to Wiltshire.
- also known as A. G. Street, A G Street
- born in (123 years ago) in Wiltshire
- education: Dauntsey's School
- died on (48 years ago)
- written works: "Cooper's Crossing", "Oonraking", "Johnny Cowslip", "Wessex wins", "The gentlemen of the party", "Bobby Bocker", "A crook in the furrow", "Hedge-trimmings", "A year of my life", "Hitler's whistle", "Kittle cattle", "Already walks to-morrow", "Ditchampton farm", "The gentleman of the party", "A.G. Street's Country Calendar", "Farmer's glory", "Moonraking", "Harvest by lamplight", "Farming England", "The endless furrow", "Round the year on the farm", "Land Everlasting"
"A. Street" a.k.a. "A Street" is a musical album of State of Confusion.
- released in (27 years ago)
Various documents about A. Street
Click on a title to view that document, then you can search inside it:
Discover the delightful tales, characters, and themes of classic American storytelling in this comprehensive Dictionary of American Folklore. Ever wonder the origins of the fairy tales, myths, and legends passed down from generation to generation throughout America's long history? From Paul Bunyan to Johnny Appleseed, Marjorie Tallman covers it all in an engaging voice sure to please readers of all ages. - 544 pages
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A. Street
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A. Street
Standing at the north end of Tiananmen Square, looking at the wide Xichang'an Street that effectively cuts the square off from Tiananmen Gate. The only way to get to the Imperial City these days is through an underpass.
Photo credit: Bernt Rostad
Quotes about A. Street
Anagrams of A. STREET
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A. Street!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A. Street to see it in context!