On this page:
Definition of the noun a. testudineus
What does a. testudineus mean as a name of something?
- a small perch of India whose gills are modified to allow it to breathe air; has spiny pectoral fins that enable it to travel on land
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Anabas testudineus
- synonym of A. testudineus: climbing perch
- more generic word: fish = any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills
- member of: Anabas / genus Anabas = the type genus of the family Anabantidae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A. testudineus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Maurice Burton, Robert Burton
CLASS Osteichthyes ORDER Perciformes FAMILY Anabantidae GENUS Anabas , Ctenopoma and Sandelia species More than 25, including A. testudineus ( detailed below) COALFISH CLASS Osteichthyes ORDER Gadiformes FAMILY ...
The Encyclopaedic Dictionary (1896)
A New, Original and Exhaustive Work of Reference to All English Words, Their Origin, Development, Orthography, Pronunciation, Meaning and Legitimate Or Customary Use ... by Robert Hunter, Charles Morris
The species the A. testudineus, of Southern India and ...
To which is Added a Compendium of Historical, Biographical, Geographical, Scientific, Religious, and Sociological Names, and a Complete Summary of Human Achievement in the Nineteenth & Twentieth Centuries ...
The species the A. testudineus ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A. testudineus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of A. testudineus to find many related words and phrases!