Who is A.K Hangal?
A.k Hangal a.k.a. A.K. Hangal: Avtar Kishan Hangal, popularly known as A. K. Hangal, was an Indian freedom fighter from 1929–1947 and also stage actor from 1936–1965 and later became a character actor in Hindi language films from 1966–2005. His most notable roles are as Ram Shastri in Aaina, as the Inder Sen in Shaukeen, as Bipinlal Pandey in Namak Haraam, as Imaam Sa'ab in Sholay, as Anokhelal in Manzil and the antagonist in Prem Bandhan and the 16 films he did with Rajesh Khanna. He has acted in around 225 Hindi films in a career spanning from 1966 to 2005.
- also known as A. K. Hangal, Avtar Kishan Hangal, Padmabhushan Avtar Krishna Hangal, Hangal
- born on (101 years ago) in Sialkot, child of Pandit Hari Kishan Hangal
- ethnicity: Kashmiri Pandit
- nationality: India
- profession: Actor, tailor
- died on in Mumbai of respiratory disease
- read more about A.K. Hangal (actor)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A.K Hangal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of A.K Hangal to find many related words and phrases!