A.K. Hangal (actor)
On this page:
Who is A.K. Hangal?
A.K. Hangal: Avtar Kishan Hangal, popularly known as A. K. Hangal, was an Indian freedom fighter from 1929–1947 and also stage actor from 1936–1965 and later became a character actor in Hindi language films from 1966–2005. His most notable roles are as Ram Shastri in Aaina, as the Inder Sen in Shaukeen, as Bipinlal Pandey in Namak Haraam, as Imaam Sa'ab in Sholay, as Anokhelal in Manzil and the antagonist in Prem Bandhan and the 16 films he did with Rajesh Khanna. He has acted in around 225 Hindi films in a career spanning from 1966 to 2005.
- also known as A. K. Hangal, Avtar Kishan Hangal, Padmabhushan Avtar Krishna Hangal, Hangal
- born on (101 years ago) in Sialkot, child of Pandit Hari Kishan Hangal
- ethnicity: Kashmiri Pandit
- nationality: India
- profession: Actor, tailor
- parent of Vijay Hangal
- died on in Mumbai of respiratory disease
- played Inder Sen in "Shaukeen"
- played Abdul in "Farishtay"
- played Hari in "Anubhav"
- played Shaukat Bhai in "Khalnayak"
- played Ajmani Sahab in "Garm Hava"
- played Sadanand in "Abhimaan"
- played Bipinlal Pandey in "Namak Haraam"
- played Bansi (Rupa's uncle) in "Satyam Shivam Sundaram"
- played Kamal's Father in "Aap Ki Kasam"
- played Prof. Harbanslal in "Chhupa Rustam"
- played Masterji in "Balika Badhu"
- played Vishwanath in "Phir Wahi Raat"
- played Ramnath Sharma in "Bawarchi"
- played Principal Gupta in "Kora Kagaz"
- played Mohan's Father in "Us-Paar"
- played Mr. Thakur in "Sara Akash"
- "Teesri Kasam"
- played Pitamber Choudhry in "Chitchor"
- "Dil Maange More"
- played Colonel in "Mukti"
- played Hazur Singh (Trilok's dad) in "Ek Chadar Maili Si"
- "Pasand Apni Apni"
- played Bhavani in "Tumhare Liye"
- played Shiv Prasad in "Anamika"
- played Vishwanath Gupta in "Shriman Shrimati"
- played Ghanshyamji (Jai's grandfather) in "Kahan Ho Tum"
- "Aval Oru Thodar Kathai"
- played Mr. Malvankar in "Arjun"
- played Ram Swarup in "Police Public"
- played Poojary in "Kalabaaz"
- played Professor in "Badalte Rishtey"
- played Ram Shastri in "Aaina"
- played Gajanan Desai in "Shararat"
- played Chandranath Sinha in "Tapasya"
- played Mr. Shastri in "Satyamev Jayate"
- played Baba (in the lighthouse) in "Saagar"
- played Vikas's Father in "New Delhi Times"
- "Mr Prime Minister"
- played Rashid Ahmed in "Avtaar"
- played Kakasaab (Sarita's uncle) in "Kamla"
- played Masterji in "Paheli"
- played Raja Kamlakar in "Jeevan Jyoti"
- "Do Nambar Ke Amir"
- played Masterji (Usha's dad) in "Khandaan"
- played Masterji (Shyamlee's Father) in "Immaan Dharam"
- played Ramukaka in "Amar Deep"
- "Dharti Kahe Pukarke"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A.K. Hangal (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of A.K. Hangal to find many related words and phrases!