On this page:
- A1 road: The A1 is the longest numbered road in the UK, at 410 miles. It connects London, the capital of England and the United Kingdom, with Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. It passes through and near North London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Stevenage, Baldock, Letchworth Garden City, Huntingdon, Peterborough, Grantham, Newark-on-Trent, Retford, Doncaster, Leeds, Harrogate, York, Ripon, Darlington, Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne, and Berwick-upon-Tweed.
- also known as A1, Autostrada A1 Gran Bretagna, Autoput A1
- A1 road: The A1 is a national road in Latvia connecting Riga to Ainaži. The road is part of European route E67 and Latvian TEN-T road network. Ainaži is Latvian border city with Estonia, after Ainaži the road then crosses the border and turns into Estonian National Road 4. A1 was almost completely reconstructed from 2003 until 2007. Saulkrasti bypass was also built, prior to 2007 all A1 traffic ran through the 17 kilometer long coast city. Road was completely reconstructed from Riga to Salacgrīva, the 80 kilometer long stretch was also widened, with wider shoulders. The official speed limit of A1 is 100 km/h in summer and 90 km/h in winter. A1 is part of Via Baltica, which runs from Estonia to Poland. The average AADT on A1 in 2013 was 8557 cars per day.
- also known as A1 national road
- A1 road a.k.a. A1 motorway: The Autoroute 1, abbreviated to A1 or otherwise known as the Trier motorway, is a motorway in Luxembourg. It is 36.203 kilometres long and connects Luxembourg City, in the south, to Wasserbillig, in the east. At Wasserbillig, it reaches the German border, whereupon it meets the A64, which leads to Trier.
- read more about A1 motorway
- A1 road: The A1 is a major route in Northern Ireland. It runs from Belfast via Lisburn and Banbridge to the border with the Republic of Ireland south of Newry, from where the road continues to Dublin, becoming the N1 road and M1 motorway. Between Sprucefield and Carrickcarnan the road forms part of the European route E01.
- part of Republic of Ireland
- A1 road a.k.a. A1 motorway: The A1 is a major Belgian motorway linking the capital Brussels to Antwerp and then to the Dutch border turning to the A16 in the Netherlands. The motorway is a part of the E19.
- read more about A1 motorway
- A1 road: The A1 is a National Route, a busy road that connects the major centres of Masvingo and Beitbridge in the Mwenezi District of Masvingo Province in Zimbabwe.
- part of Zimbabwe
- The A1 road is a long road in Kenya extending from the Tanzanian border to the Sudanese border.
- The A1 road in Jersey links St. Helier with St. Aubin in the parish of Saint Brélade. The route comprises La Route de la Libération, Esplanade, La Route de Saint Aubin, and La Route de la Haule.
- part of Jersey
- A1 road: De A1 is een tweestrooksweg op het Britse eiland Man. De weg verbindt de hoofdstad Douglas met de op twee na grootste plaats Peel. De weg kruist bij Quarterbridge met de A2.
- part of Isle of Man
- The A1 road is a federal road in Sabah connecting Kota Kinabalu and Kudat. It is part of the Pan Borneo Highway AH150.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A1 road
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A1 road
We are all treading the vanishing road of a song in the air, the vanishing road of the spring flowers and the winter snows, the vanishing roads of the winds and the streams, the vanishing road of beloved faces. (Richard Le Gallienne)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A1 road to see it in context!