On this page:
- "Aaina", is a 1993 film directed by Deepak Sareen and produced by Yash Chopra. The film starred Juhi Chawla, Jackie Shroff and Amrita Singh in lead roles. The film is about sibling rivalry. The film was a blockbuster hit in India, and solidified Juhi Chawla's career as a leading lady in the 1990s. The film was remade in Telugu as Aayanaki Iddaru, in Tamil as Kalyana Vaibogam and in Kannada as Yaare Nee Abhimani.
- also known as The Mirror
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- directors: Yash Chopra & Deepak Sareen
- producer: Pamela Chopra
- art direction by Sudhendu Roy
- written by Honey Irani, Rahi Masoom Raza, Shanker Iyer
- based on a story by Honey Irani
- cinematography by Romesh Bhalla & Nazir Khan
- edited by Keshav Naidu
- music by Dilip Sen, Sameer Sen
- genres: Romance Film, Family, Bollywood, World cinema, Drama
- released on (21 years ago)
- official website: www.yashrajfilms.com/Movies/MovieIndividual.aspx?MovieID=849d435a-2c4a-4bd8-b86a-8b681ef6d589
- "Aaina" is a 1977 Indian Bollywood film starring Mumtaz in the lead roles and A. K. Hangal, Nirupa Roy, Lalita Pawar, Jayasudha and Madan Puri in support roles. The music is given by Naushad.This film has a special appearance by Rajesh Khanna. The 2007 film, Laaga Chunari Mein Daag has a similar plot to that of Aaina, with Rani Mukerji reprising Mumtaz's role as a prostitute.
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, Tamil Language, Malayalam Language
- director: K. Balachander
- producers: L. Duraiswamy & N. Selvaraj
- art direction by T.K. Desai
- written by K. Balachander & Inder Raj Anand
- based on a story by K. Balachander
- Mumtaz as Shalini R. Shastri
- Rajesh Khanna as Ashok J. Rao
- A.K. Hangal as Ram Shastri
- Kamal Haasan as Prem Kapoor
- Polson as Shastri's Client
- Nirupa Roy as Savitri R. Shastri
- Lalita Pawar as Janki
- Manmohan Krishna as Jagannath Rao
- Adil Amaan as Dr. Gautam R. Shastri
- Reeta Bhaduri as Poorna R. Shastri
- Jayasudha as Usha G. Shastri
- Anjum Savera
- Vandana Rane
- Ratan Chopra
- Jagdish Raj as Managing Director
- Madan Puri as M. B. Patil
- Jagdeep as Music Instructor
- cinematography by B. S. Lokanath
- edited by N.R. Kittoo
- music by Naushad
- genres: Musical, Drama, Bollywood, Musical Drama
- released on (37 years ago)
- "Aaina" is a Bollywood film. It was released in 1944.
- "Aaina" is a musical album produced by Pakistani musician and singer, Alamgir from the soundtrack of the first ground-breaking and the longest running Urdu-language Pakistani movie of the same name in 1976. With lilting music composed by fellow Bengali, Robin Ghosh, it had many songs that were and still are very popular in the industry.
- genre: Pop music
- "Aaina" is a musical album of Dilip Sen & Sameer Sen, Sameer, Dilip Sen, soundtrack.
- also known as Aaina Soundtrack
- released on (22 years ago)
Printed books with definitions for Aaina
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Lexicon Aristophanicum (1754)
Graeco Anglicanum by James Sanxay
*A'AAINA, b, a whale. S.35.
by James Sanxay
OA'AAINA, % a. whale. £. 35.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aaina
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Aaina
Photo credit: Fuzuri Design
Scrabble value of A1A1I1N1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AAINA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aaina!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Aaina for some fun with words!