On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aarp
What does aarp mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- an association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of AARP: Association for the Advancement of Retired Persons
- more generic word: association = a formal organization of people or groups of people
Alternative definition of the noun aarp
- initialism of, American Association of Retired Persons
"AARP" is a book by Charles R. Morris.
- also known as "AARP:, The: America's Most Powerful Lobby and the Clash of Generations"; The AARP: America's Most Powerful Lobby and the Clash of Generations
AARP, Inc., formerly the American Association of Retired Persons, is a United States-based non-governmental organization and interest group, founded in 1958 by Ethel Percy Andrus, PhD, a retired educator from California, and based in Washington, D.C. It is a membership organization for people age 50 and over.
- also known as American Association of Retired Persons
- some of the awards:
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - News or News Feature - "Your Life Calling" (A Former Filmmaker Scripts a New Story)
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Children - "Your Life Calling" (A Former Filmmaker Scripts a New Story)
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Travel/Tourism - "Your Life Calling" (Living the Beautiful Life in Tuscany)
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Nature/Wildlife - "Your Life Calling" (A Woman of the West)
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Education - "Your Life Calling" (Building Futures)
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - News or News Feature - "Your Life Calling" (The Gift of Water)
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Social Responsibility - "Your Life Calling" (Changing Business for GOOD)
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Religious/Spiritual - "Your Life Calling" (Finding Faith on the Frontlines)
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Comedy - "Your Life Calling" (Exploring the Lighter Side)
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Sports - "Right on Par"
- Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Entertainment - "Today" (A Model of Perseverance)
- official website: www.aarp.org
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for AARP
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Impact and Implications by Kelly A. Goudreau, Mary Smolenski
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that helps people of age 50 years and above have independence, choice, and...
by Elizabeth Segal, Karen Gerdes, Sue Steiner
Change Agent Exercise AARP is a national service and advocacy organization for older people in the United States. Older Americans are a very...
Strategic Intelligence (2006)
Business Intelligence, Competitive Intelligence, and Knowledge Management by Jay Liebowitz
AARP is the focal point and the center of knowledge about people over 50. With nearly 36 million members, our years of polling, thousands of interviews, countless focus groups and surveys, and with hundreds of aging and policy experts on ...
GOVT3, California Edition (2011)
by Edward Sidlow, Beth Henschen, Larry Gerston, Terry Christensen
AARP is a major lobbying force that seeks to preserve or enhance Social Security and Medicare benefits for citizens sixty-five...
by Edward I. Sidlow, Beth Henschen
AARP is a major lobbying force that seeks to preserve or enhance Social Security and Medicare benefits for citizens sixtyfive...
Debunking Myths about U.S. Social Policy by Christopher Howard
AARP is a classic source of what political scientists call selective material benefits. These include significant discounts on travel, entertainment, and prescription drugs; options to buy health, life, and home owners' insurance; and subscriptions ...
by Meredith Wallace, PhD, ARPN-BC
AARP is a very important and influential organization for individuals aged 50 and older (Hogstel, 2001). The organization has substantial ...
by Lynda Lee Kaid, Christina Holtz-Bacha
Along with providing information and products/services to its more than 30 million members, AARP is a powerful force in advocating for social change in the political arena. AARP has considerable political influence partly because of the large ...
by Shannon K Vaughan, Shelly Arsenault, Michelle Arsneault
The AARP is a 501(c)(4) organization, which can engage in unlimited direct lobbying activity. Its efforts to seek health care reform with Divided We Fail, however, were enough to pique the interest of members of the House Ways and Means ...
Ed. by Ross M. Mullner by Ross M. Mullner
The AARP is organized into a central headquarters, state offices located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, and more than 2,500 local chapters throughout the nation. Its national headquarter is located ...
The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric Health and Social Care, Third Edition by Elizabeth A. Capezuti, PhD, RN, FAAN, Michael L. Malone, MD, Paul R. Katz, MD, Mathy Mezey, DSc, EdD, MED, BSN
AARP is the leading nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and older in the United States and has more than 37 million members. AARP provides information on issues important to this age group; advocates on ...
by George A. Barnett
Likewise, AARP works with the Global Greeter Network to help members find local tours and culture as they travel, thus enabling members to meet others all over the world. AARP disseminates information to network members via the AARP ...
The Encyclopedia of Aging (2006)
Fourth Edition by Linda S. Noelker, PhD, Kenneth Rockwood, MD, FRCPC, Richard L. Sprott, Ph.D.
With more than 35 million members, AARP is the leading not-for-profit, nonpartisan membership organization for people who are 50 years of age and older in the United States. It is dedicated to making life better, not only for its members, but ...
by James A Beverly, David Andrew Schultz
AARP, formerly known as the American Association of Retired Persons, is a nonprofit and nonpartisan membership organization that advocates on behalf of its membership. It is considered one of the more powerful lobbying groups in ...
The NRTA's membership, twenty thousand in 1955, soared after Andrus arranged with Leonard Davis, an insurance agent, to offer NRTA members insurance coverage; the pair established the AARP so that others might be eligible. Chartered ...
by Harry T. Reis, Susan Sprecher
Although the AARP studies have uncovered important insights into midlife and later life dating and courtship, more research can provide a better understanding of other issues associated with such pairings, adding to knowledge not only about ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for AARP
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about AARP
Click on an item to view that photo:
whew, just in case
Photo credit: Rusty Clark
Photo credit: cambodia4kidsorg
Photo credit: Forsaken Fotos
Photo credit: rkeefer
Photo credit: cambodia4kidsorg
- Prepping for Daytona - aarp
Photo credit: trailersoftheeastcoast
- Ford AARP
Photo credit: PresidenBertho
- Mike's AARP Invitation
Photo credit: edkohler
- AARP Holiday Ornaments
Wreath with ornaments on the facade of the AARP building in downtown Washington, DC.
Photo credit: Mr.TinDC
- AARP Building
Photo credit: Forsaken Fotos
- AARP now
Photo credit: cote
- AARP Bulletin
A little post-publication commentary from a coworker who tends to view things from a slighly different angle. P1020379
Photo credit: GalacticWanderlust
- Carrie and the AARP wheel
Carrie spins the AARP wheel of destiny.
Photo credit: benzado
- AARP BUILDING FOYER
Photo credit: Joe Bielawa
- The AARP Group
Photo credit: Forsaken Fotos
- AARP's tablet design
Photo credit: One Laptop per Child
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about AARP
Click on an item to play that video:
- Innovation Nation: Innovation and its Meaning | AARP
How can you make meaning? And what does meaning even mean? Guy Kawasaki shares his experience in Technology: It's not just a Guy thing. For more, visit: ...
- Tech Jargon Demystified Jeff Cole P.2 | AARP TEK Talk
What technology terms bug you or has you mystified? PART 2. Presented by Jeff Cole with The Center For Digital Future in San Diego, CA. September 4th 2014.
- Technology Jargon Demystified P.1 | AARP TEK Talk
What technology terms bug you or has you mystified? PART 1. Presented by Jeff Cole with The Center For Digital Future in San Diego, CA. September 4th 2014.
- Maryann Ehmann, New Meaning to AARP
- Definition of AARP
- Dictionary - AARP
See also the pronunciation examples of AARP!
Scrabble value of A1A1R1P3
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AARP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of AARP!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of AARP to see it in context!